have any advice for Rheumatologist visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gurlinottawa, Dec 27, 2006.

1. gurlinottawa

gurlinottawa New Member

hello everyone,

I wish you peace and strength in this day as we journey with this disease, good days, and bad.

I have finally gotten an appointment with a rheumatologist. I have been writting down all the things that are symtoms of this disorder. I do not yet have an affirmed diagnosis of fibro other than from my gastroenterologist.

my symptoms have gotten worse, the pain head tremors, breathing, balance and coordination and mental abilities, all worse... sometimes worse than other days.

Short of going to the doctor and begging for help, since, ofcourse like everyone, I have been to too many doctors over the years, and to no avail... I want help and a diagnosis.

I want to be sure the doctor really hears me doesnt over look me, and helps me!!

any advice? I have been writing down all my symtoms as they come so, in case when my appointment comes I dont have any symptoms, i can remember, cause I forget everything.

any advice for what to ask for or what not as far as tests or what not.

I figure I could benefit from those who have gone before me!
    thanks in advance
    GIO
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

1) If you bring along articles, esp. from the Web. Make sure they are written by and M.D.

2) Ask if there can be any correlation to viruses and your joint problems. I had heard that there were.

3) Ask about the use of systemic enzymes. Dr. William Wong seems to be a real pioneer here in the states, but he claims that there is 50 years of research in Europe.

4) Ask about MSM, Chondroitin & Glucosamine for rebuilding the joints.