Have any of you been on three ABX's at once???

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by morningsonshine, Oct 2, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

My Dr. wants me to do 6 weeks of Ceftin, Zithromax and one more i can't remember.

All i can think about is how sick i'll be!!!!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

but different ones, altho it doesn't matter, he's taken a wide variety.

The one thing that has really helped him throughout to deal with the herxing so that he/his immune system wasn't in an uproar is the 'pulsing' of abx, the schedule has routinely been M-W-F for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, weekends, T & Th, and 1 week per month he takes no meds.

Even doing it this way, he's had a rough time... but at least he got a break. His LLMD said it was ok to do it this way, has had numerous pts on abx with this schedule, because lyme is slow-replicating. I suppose other docs might have a difference in opinion, tho.

good luck!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I just started Zithromax and Doxycylcine, he ssaid they would treat different things
  4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I'm on Zithromax and Malrone. Doc wants to add Doxy as well but probably when I'm done with Malrone.

Good luck.

Victoria... how are you? how's your son? I haven't been here for a while so wanted to check with you and see how everything is going.

Hope everything is going good :)

Hugs
    Maryam
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

How are YOU doing?

My son is still up and down, but is sticking with pulsing Mepron with Zithro, Septra, flagyl, is supposed to stay on this til mid-November; then he'll be re-assessed. Herxes have been difficult, making him extra irritable sadly, as well as fatigued.

I'm just starting 2nd phase of the MP... so we'll seeeeee!

all the best,
    Victoria