Have any of you done Bicillan injections for your Lyme?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by nyssagirl, Feb 7, 2007.

1. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

My natropath has decided to try injections, since I got so sick from the oral antibiotics. I was just wondering if any of you have had them and what results you have had.
    Thanks,
    Nyssagirl
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I talked to a friend that spent a really long time going back into the history of lymenet trying to find what helped people the most and the bicillan was what he had discovered. You need to take it for long period.
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am on the injections. I was doing good on them, but due to insurance problems I had to tke a break, like 3 months off my shots before I got it straightned out. But now I am back on the shots, took the first dose tonight. I believe they do me a lot of good.
    If I were you Nyssagirl, I would be extremely careful taking bicillin injections if you have had a reaction to oral antibiotics,because once you put this into your system it is in there to stay for a good while. It is a very long acting penincillin. Don't do it if you are in the least allergic, or you could have a severe reaction even days after taking the injection since the affects lasts so long. The reactions can be severe enough to cause death even, so please be careful. If you can not take oral antibiotics, I don't think bicillin is a good idea for you. I mean, I'm not a doctor, but that is how my doctor explained it to me.

Take Care!
    Your Friend,
    Kellyann
  4. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

My stomach wouldn't tolerate the oral antibiotics. Made me very sick.
    I started my shots last week and had two. So far so good. I am sure hoping they help, I keep reading about so many getting help from them.
    I do, so appreciate your advise and after my shots I stay in the office for a while, just to make sure I don't have a reaction.
    Have a great day!!
    Lynda
  5. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Hi there,
    Just wondered if you are getting an upset stomach from the shots at all? I don't know if I have a flu bug, or if it is the shots.
    Thanks,
    your friend,
    Lynda
  6. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Hi there,
    Are you feeling any different since you have been off the shots? I have had two a week for three weeks now. The only thing I notice is that I have had diarrea quite a bit and upset stomach.
    Have a fine day.
    Your friend,
    Lynda
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

BICILLIN through veterenarian supply houses , and the EXACT drug , is so cheap it is amazing . Many have treated themselves this way .

Lymenet has members who have posted about vet meds repeatedly . You can search vet supply sites or go to your local feed/ farm store . I do not believe you need a script . The drug is the same and the cost is dirt cheap .
  8. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

needles to inject it with.And is it an injection into a vien or like a diabetic injecion into the tissue.

I am so sick right now and desperate to try anything.

I talked to the only LLMD in our state today and it cost
    $ 15,000. for 8 weeks of IV therapy which he say and I know I need very badly. I getting sicker and sicker by the day.
    Can this or any other Abx be obtained online?

Blessings~ Sally
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Annxyz,
    Are you possitive it is the exact same drug? Because when I order it through the drugstore it costs like $750.00 for just one month's supply. I would love to order it through a vet supply cheap, thanks!
    I have had to stop for awhile due to yeast over growth. My hair began to fall out in gaint handfulls! I plan to start back on it real soon though. Anyone know if the huge needle that comes in the kit you get with the biccilin injections are absolutely necesarry? I think I'd rather do a couple smaller shots than one huge shot. It is very very painful. The shringes come preloaded.

I buy a lot of my animal meds on valley vet, I am going to do a seach and see if they sell biccillin injectictable antibiotics. I do buy another type antibiotic for my horses and dogs from that site. Interesting.
    Thanks a lot!

Take Care and Be Well!
    Kellyann
  10. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Kellyann, are you paying that much for Bicillin injections? There is enough in one shot to give me two injections. I go to the dr. to get my injections. The needles are huge, but don't usually hurt that bad. I have them twice a week. I got mine at the drug store and they gave me a break on them. I got enough for 20 shots, that is 10 weeks and it cost me a little over $200.00. Maybe I am taking a smaller dose, I don't know.
    Nyssagirl
  11. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

My son was on bicillin for about 3 months. He took 2 injection a week. The herxing was so bad he had to stop them. It would not let up. To bad it got so bad b/c it was working. He went on IV Rocephin after that and responded well. He takes his last IV tomorrow and they are stopping it. After 7 months he is almost completely healthy. My daughter just started Rocpehin. I pray she has good results.

Saly wrote: talked to the only LLMD in our state today and it cost
    $ 15,000. for 8 weeks of IV therapy which he say and I know I need very badly. I getting sicker and sicker by the day.
    Can this or any other Abx be obtained online

I have been pricing Rocephin.There is a generic Rocephin now. I found it for $50.00 a day with supplies. $1200.00 a month. If you want some info on this send me a private message.
  12. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I am happy to say I have finally worked it all out with my doctors and insurance and get my shots for $60.00 a month....yay!!!!! About time! I did have a problem with the shots causing a yeast overgrowth that caused handfuls of my hair to fall out. That was quite awful, but is controlable with diflucan. I also had a horrible eye infection, the bicillin didn't touch it. It must have been some mean bug that got into my eye, who knows. It seems I always get something crazy.

Kellyann
  13. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

I finished my bicillin injections after three months. It has been two weeks and I had forgotten how bad I hurt before the injections. It is back big time. My Naturopath said she would be surprised if I went four months without hurting again....but two weeks? Please, anyone, tell me how you are feeling after you finished your injections.
    Thanks,
    Your friend,
    Lynda
  14. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Hi Kellyann,
    I was just wondering how you are doing on your injections now. How long have you been on them? They only gave me half of the dose I was supposed to have at the Dr's office. Two weeks after I had finished my three month course, I am sick again and back on them, but a full one, twice a week now. How much are you taking, if you don't mind me asking?
    Good luck to you, and would appreciate hearing from you.
    Your friend,
    Lynda
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

that it took 2 weeks instead of 4 for your symptoms to return is just indicative of how strong an infection you have.

As my son's LLMD has explained to us, as one continues treatment, you can take 'vacations' from meds every so often for longer and longer periods before symptoms return.

Hope this helps, good luck!

All the best,
    Victoria

16. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

The Doctor said she would be surprised if my symptoms stayed away for four months!! But I don't know if two weeks is worth it!
    Thanks,
    Lynda
  17. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Sorry, I made a mistake, I meant that for Victoria, Kellyann.
    Lynda
  18. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

vet bicillin and drugstore bicillin are NO DIFFERENT . They are one and the same . Shows you how we are getting ripped off !

Lots of lyme patients get ABX ( like bicillin ) through vet supply places . There are many on the net . Like Thomas veterinary Supply .

The local feed store can usually get the meds for you .

There are other ABX that are marketed for pets
    ( like fishflex , fishcillin ) that are literally WHAT WE pay big bucks for . they are sold for almost pennies and are made by reputable pharmacies .

I know a lady who orders cephalexin (fish flex) and takes it herself . My pharmacist says the meds are the SAME
    and agrees we are getting ripped off big time by drug
    companies .

I am going to order the cephalexin ( fish flex ) to keep on hand for my twice a year chest infections that have cost me up to $ 400.

Our healthcare system is a total disaster .

You can find many resources if you look up "veterinary supply " online.

Also , do research on " bicillin " and you will find info on the chemical name and find the bicillin given to racehorses or cows is the bicillin you take and pay
    THOUSANDS of dollars for.

There are other lyme people on lymenet who get their meds through vet supply and have had no problems.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/24/2007]