Have any of you ever felt.........................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Dec 22, 2005.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

like you stopped breathing?

I have had this happen to me a lot lately, I wake up feeling like I haven't been breathing and I'm literally dying!

It is a very scary feeling like none I've ever had just wondered if any of you have ever had that happen?

I know I have heard some of you speak of sleep apnea which I do not know much about but wonder if that is what this might be?

Hugs
    Doxy

2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Doxy, this could be sleep apnea and the way to find out would be to have a sleep study done. I had one a couple months ago and found out that I have a mild case of apnea no need for me to worry about it at this time though it could progress later in life. I also found out that I wake from sleep quit often more than I thought especially in the time span from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Slepp apnea is when you wakeup because you,ve stoped beathing temporaraly, sometimes this can be severe. You should talk to your doc about this just in case.

Jake
  3. darude

darude New Member

All the time and not just at night!!!! Found out I have sleep apnea and COPD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful! Get Apnea test and lung function test.
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

Sleep apnea is the cessation of breathing, so it could certainly be that! I used to wake up sometimes feeling like I couldn't get my breath until I turned onto my stomach and EXhaled. Get the air moving through my lungs, even moving out, somehow made it possible for me to breathe IN again. That was scary!

Sleep apnea causes a much greater risk of heart attack and stroke, so it is worth getting checked out and treated if you have it.
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

look for a past post about 'holding' and us being holders.

so many of us seem to just stop breathing,watch for when you are angry or upset or something dramatic is about to happen.
    i do it a lot and have to think to breath :)

< thats me holding my breath