Have appt with attorney

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, Apr 5, 2006.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I am so tired of this running around..

I got my second denial from social security. And I just bawled. I guess it would not have been so bad if they would have said we have seen your reports and you seem to be in pain but we think you could be a telemarketer but no they put ... You could do your job as a Nurse.... Now with my tremors so bad I cannot even feed myself how many of you would like me to star your IV's???

So now I have a meeting with an attorney. He seems really nice. But I have so many appts this week and next week i am just so overwhelmed.

That means getting up, getting ready, driving, taking the kids, oh even justng typing that makes me want to take a nap....

Oh how I just wish they had this magic pill that made life better for just a couple hours. Because the recover time after running around is going to be weeks.. Not to mention all the energy, shaking, muscle weakness and crud I have grrr....

ok well thanks for letting that come out...

So I have the muscle test next wednesday and a spine Mri next Saturday...
    I hope this all pans out in the end.. Neuro doc thinks I have a neuromuscular disease. Primary still wants to rule out MS.

Tracy
    Mom to 3 wonderful girls
    FMS< CFS< MFPS
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Tracy:
    It take perseverance to handle SSA. They hope people will just give up and many do. I followed my case right up to the lawyer and the ALJ. I once read that if you make it to the ALJ: you win. Your odds are, at least, greatly increased.

Do not let SSA get you down. It is just the way they do things.

And: visit a nuero is a good idea. I have one and it can only help with your SSA case.

Do not worry.

NyroFan
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

He is my 3rd neuro lol...

My primary really thinks something else besides fibro is going on here and all the othe neuro's see that I have fibro and treat my sx according to that. So this one is the first one who actually did an exam on me and it showed that I am not normal "neurolically" speaking. So on to more test. Thank you so much for letting me know about ssa..

It helps..
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Tracy, I am also a nurse and I completely understand where you are coming from. Of course, you can't do that job but you need to figure out a way to convince them of that. I hope your attorney can help with really specific examples of how you could be endangering others' lives if you tried to work!!

Is it possible to rearrange some of your appts. so you won't be so stressed. I get really stressed too when I have so many in a short time.

Hang in there! Things will get better.
    Kathy.
  5. mom4three

mom4three New Member

your right.

I wish there was a way I could show them I cannot do it and people would be in danger if I was to work..

Nyrofan. Thank you. Its hard to try and fight this. My attorneys are getting all my records now and going for it:)