have appt with neurologist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dverre, Oct 21, 2005.

1. dverre

dverre New Member

I have an appt with a neurologist for the first time since I have been sick for the headaches I have been getting. Does going to her definitely mean I will have to have a MRI as I am very claustrophobic and dont think I could do it

As a matter of fact I know I couldnt and probably wont. Anyone else feel like this. It is really bothering me

2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I just recently had an MRI of my head. I was a little afraid also. They gave me some tranqulizers and I also took some pain medicine. I took them about a half hour before I went in. I kept my eyes closed the whole time. I also kept my hands on my stomache the whole time. If you reach up to touch your face you may touch the top of the tube. I didn't want to know how close it was.

It was actually easier than I thought. If you keep your eyes closed you don't really realize what's around you. That's what worked for me.

Danielle
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I did have a CAT scan before I went but that was simple as pie. I too have said they will have to knock me out before they will ever get me in there again! hee hee

You may not need one. Good luck!

Kelly
  4. dverre

dverre New Member

thanks everyone am very nervous about this. I will mention the open mri and see what she says.

I know they have one somewhere around here but not at the hospital she is affiliated with.

Do they let you go somewhere else for the mri if you have to have one and send the results to the doctor.

Hopefully they will let me do that if it is requested the reason I am wondering is my gp mentioned and mri that is why I am questioning this

Donna