Have diahrrea wondering I should colon cleanse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Feb 14, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hello,

My body is having a hard time adjusting to the change in my diet. I eat more fruits and vegetables, and cut down on chicken and meat. However I need to eat more bread to toughen up my stool. Sometimes I just eat too many fruits and vegetables and not enough of the other stuff. I take quite a few supplements as well. I drink tons of water (a couple bottles a day) so I know I am hydrated.

I drink ginger root full strength extract that is homemade so that help with my stomach woes.

I am wondering since I am going through the diarrhea stage right now to just go ahead and Ex-Lax myself and do a clean out of my system (colon cleanse didn't work for me the last few times I took it).

Any suggestions?

Much love,
    Nicole
  2. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

that you need more fiber in your diet. I know many fruits and veegies are loaded with fiber but you still may need more.
    I take Benaful chewables every day and I no longer have the pesky GI problems I had become used to. They taste good too.
    If you are interested in doing a colon cleanse please think about trying one that is natural fiber based. ExLax will not actually cleanse your system, only make current stools loose. It does little for cleansing build up.
    Ask around at health food stores for brands other than Colon Cleanse. There are stronger ones available that do not use such harsh chemicals as ExLax does.
    A
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Stormskye,

It has been going on, on and off for last week or so and then it stops when I eat more bread things. Then if I eat too many fruits and vegetables it will start up again.

So I just need to continue to balance out my diet and eat enough of the necessary food groups except for sugar of course.

I drink lots of the ginger root and it's strong but helps my stomach out.

I am not going and going all day, just a few times in the day and then sometimes I get the false alarm and it's just gas.

So I guess I will just ride it out and let my body do it's thing.

Before I changed my diet I suffered through lots of constipation and had hard stools and those were painful. So now they are pretty soft and I go regularly every day and sometimes twice a day so I know that is a good thing going on there.

Much love,
    Nicole