Have found an Awesome Dr.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertteach, Aug 2, 2006.

1. desertteach

desertteach New Member

I have been going to a new DR.for 2 years and my symptoms are so much better. He has fibro himself, sees patients Mon-Wed and does research on Thursday and Friday. He often will talk with me for an hour at my appointment time. he only sees Fibro patients. He's in Sacramento. Anyone wnat to know more?
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

caring dr. is half the battle~
    How lucky you are!

My doc. is very nice,...but not willing to treat pain accordingly. He gives me ultram and a mild muscle relaxer but will not give anything narcotic.
    You and I both know that many days our pain requires a narcotic! well,..I'll speak for myself as I've had this Fibro for over 13 yrs now. Progressively getting worse each yr.
    so,..Yes,.. I'd love to hear how your treatment is going.

What meds?? any suggested supplements??
    We need all the help we can get!!
    If I were near you I'd ask for his name~
    but I'm way on the other side of the planet!
    (NY)
    take care~
    Tandy
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

back up top~

for everyone to see :)
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Does he know of any doctor's in Nashville area that also do research and practice medicine?

I would love a doc that does both. Mine is not interested in research.

Does your doctor know how I could find a doc in my area that does research? I have tried to google and such and never come up with anything.

Been to the "leading" FM doc here, think he is a jerk. I don't want to see him.

Thanks for any info.

Claudia
  5. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Just curious, since this is your first post and there is not any information about you on your profile.

Can you tell us what symptoms you have had and what exactly he has treated you with?

Thanks.
  6. desertteach

desertteach New Member

You asked me what symptoms I have had- well it all started 30 years, intense pain in neck, shoulder muscles arm muscles leg muscles, interstitial cystitus, vulvadynia, intense pain that I haev wanted to die. Have tried everything therapy around-acupuncture, pills, exercise, chiropractor, Feldenkreis, Rolfing,steroids, to name a few. My Dr. now is treating me with antibiotics following the Stratton protcol. YOu can look up this Dr. theories by Googling Dr. Stratton and it mentions mycoplasma pneumonia and chlamydia pneumonia. My Dr. has read all of his work and follows a treatment plan similar to Dr. Stratton.
  7. desertteach

desertteach New Member

Actually the Dr. that my Dr has been studying is in Nashville Tenn. It is Dr. Charles W Stratton. He works at the Vanderbilt Univ.You can read about him by googling his name and click on one that mentions mycoplasma or chlamydia pneumonia. Let me know what you think.
  8. desertteach

desertteach New Member

The list of meds I've been on has changed as he has done more research. It started with Doxycycline, Zithromax, Flagyl, Diflucan, Ampicillan, supplements of CoQ10, alpha lipoioc acid, MSM, Omega 3, Vit B injections, oxytocin injections, Nitroglycerin for managing pain, provigil for sleep, topomax ( these last 2 didn't work for me) DHEA, INH is the antibiotic I take now, nystatin, NAC,Vit C. charcoal tabs, Quercetin and Bromelain,, Vit D,Niacin, B complex. A lot of his patients tatke T3 for thyroid, but mine was fine. He doesn't have a pat program for everyone. You get what your system needs. At first I was overwhelmed witrh the grocery bag of things to take. But I decided to trust this Dr. and do what he said and I have my life back again. THere was a lot of changing things around in the beginning to fit me, but I was feeling better after about 2 monthss. My last flare-up was over 6 months ago. I now work full time and am so thankful.
  9. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Hi desertteach,

I too see Dr.Powell.(And his P.A., Michael) I started my treatment with him in January. It has been a challenge, but I am seeing some improvement in various symptoms in general.

I'm very glad to hear you are doing so much better! I hope you continue to improve until you are feeling GREAT!

I actually found out about Dr.P through this message board...3 other of his patients used to post here. I am now friends with 2 of them & we get together for lunch once a month. It's been wonderful to have their support as we go through the protocol together.

Hugs,
    Annie
  10. desertteach

desertteach New Member

Great to hear from you. I wish everyone could have a Dr. like Dr. Powell. We don't need to suffer like we used to. There are answers and I wish everyone's Dr. could learn from Dr. Powell!!!!!
  11. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

just wondering if its in cali
  12. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Yes, Dr.Powell is located in Sacramento, CA.

Annie
  13. berley

berley New Member

Can you give me more information on how to contact this Dr. in Sacramento please..........In desperate need of any help...

Kim
  14. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Dr.Michael Powell, D.O., Board Certified in Internal Medicine & Rheumatology

Fibromyalgia Treatment & Learning Center
    650 University Ave. Suite 200
    Sacramento, CA 95825
    916-922-8400

Web site: www.FMTLC.com