Have found an Awesome Dr.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertteach, Aug 2, 2006.

1. desertteach

desertteach New Member

I have been going to a new DR.for 2 years and my symptoms are so much better. He has fibro himself, sees patients Mon-Wed and does research on Thursday and Friday. He often will talk with me for an hour at my appointment time. he only sees Fibro patients. He's in Sacramento. Anyone want to know more?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2006]
  2. desertteach

desertteach New Member

I live in northern CA. If you're interested in looking up saome research google Dr. Charles W.Stratton and click on the one that mentions chlamydia pneumonis or mycoplasma and fibromyalgia. My Dr has studeied and learned a lot from him.
  3. desertteach

desertteach New Member

I live 5 hours from Sacramento. His name is Dr. Powell at the Fibromyalgia Treatment and Learning Center. I don't have a lot of time right now, in brief, anitibiotics, lots of supoplements, vitamins,Vit B injections, oxytocin injections, a lot of test to begin with-Lyme, tests for mold, antibodies to lots of thigns like chlamydia pnemonia, mycoplsma and a lot more. Everone's treatment is totally personnally designed for whta your body needs. He has a lot of teaching tapes for the problems a lot of fibros have like not being able to say no. I didn't use a lot of that material, but some people do. I've been seeing him for 2 years and I am off all pain meds, sleeping pills, and am now working full time and rarely have any flare-ups. It is almost too good to be true. Your insurance may not cover it all, but it's sure worth the cost. Office visit is $140 and he sometimes talks with me for an hour or until my questions run out. He always explains everything to me. When I call the office I always get called back that day. They did a study of his patients and I think that 80% are at least 80% better since treatment. You can look him up on line, Fibromyalgia learning and Treatment Center, University Ave Sac. Got any questions?
  4. desertteach

desertteach New Member

You could call his office and ask the cost of tests. 916-922-8400. His office is not open on Friday. Annie or Cathy answer the phone and they are very helpful. I get my prescriptions from Canada and that really cuts the cost down. The initial tests were $400-500 I think. And I get most of the vitamins from Swansen's. They may be cheaper on the internet. My insurance has a huge deductible so I end up paying for everything including prescriptions and we're not a wealthy family so I know what it's like to weigh medical bills versus feeling better. I'm sorry I can't remeber the specific costs. I just know they are well worth it. This Dr. is a genius and a wonderful Dr.
  5. desertteach

desertteach New Member

I live in northern CA and my Dr. is in Sacramento. He has used the research of a Dr. in Tenn, Nashville. Is that close to you? Look up Dr. Charles Stratton on Google at Vanderbilt University. Maybe your Dr. could get some information from him. My Dr. is on the internet at Fibromyalgia treatment and Learning Center in Sacramento CA, Dr. Powell.