Have homeopathics helped anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spartanjt, Sep 9, 2003.

1. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Curious if anyone else has tried homeopathy and gotten any relief in their symptoms?

I've been doing homeopathics for detox, lymph drainage , etc. under the care of a D.O. for the past 6 months , and really have not felt much benefit from them.

My understanding is that it takes quite a while for these remedies to work,and that 6 months is not much time compared to the 10 years i've been having problems. So i'm not sure how long i should continue w/these before the fatigue and the "brain" problems of fogginess/feeling of slight disequilibrium begin to improve.

The detox part of the treatment is primarily to help move metals out of the body,,,,as i had my 15 amalgam filled molars replaced w/composite fillings about 2 years ago.

Looking for feedback from anyone else who's tried homeopathy and what success, if any, they've had.

JT
  2. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

Any thoughts?
  3. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

several different remedies prescribed to me by a homeopath, these did nothing for my fatigue or the depression I was having at the time. When I went on anti-depressants and became less depressed, the homeopath tried to take credit for that improvement!
    I really don't believe in this treatment.

yellowbird
  4. nygirl

nygirl New Member

I tried homeopaths for a while. They treated my symptoms with little to no success but I found it very expensive and, of course, my insurance didn't cover it. I think that acupuncture was somewhat successful but I feel like my money is better spent getting a massage...