Have Huge Bruise on my chest from Sternal Rub

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, May 7, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

While I was soaking in the tub tonight I noticed that I have a giant bruise on my chest from the sternal rub they did on me in the hospital.

The last time this happened to me they didn't leave a bruise, my husband said that I was out of it for a while, but I guess that I was really out for a while.

I wasn't sure that it had really been as long as he thought, but I know that if it was one of my loved ones it may actually not be as long as it may have seemed to be.

I am still feeling so weak after my stay in the hospital.

Pamela
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Unfortunately, that is one of the consequences of doing a sternal rub. The sternal rub is done because it's such a sensitive area, but it can leave bruising, especially if it's done for a long period of time.

Hopefully the bruising will go down soon. I'm sorry to hear that you are still feeling so weak. Rest as much as you can, as you are probably in a flare-up from the stress of your recent hospitalization.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am still feeling weak but I will be fine. I appreciate any input.

Thanks again, Pamela
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Was wondering where you have been. sorry to hear you have had such a bad time of it.

I hope you are able to get the rest you need to heal.

I hope you get good new's regarding your disability hearing as well.

take care,

Claudia
  5. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Try witch hazel and a comb. Rub down the area with witch hazel on a cotton round. Comb from the center of the bruise towards the outside edges. Repeat several times.

Works great for bruises (used to use it for hickeys - LOL).

Hugs,
    Madame Curie