Have I got ME too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sc00bs, Jun 1, 2006.

1. sc00bs

sc00bs New Member

My mother has been diagnosed with ME.

I have always as long as I can remember had nearly all of the symptoms ascosiated with ME but the past year and a half my 20 year old daughter has been diagnosed with 2 rare blood disorders which culminated in her having a stroke.

Since all of this has been going on my symptoms have got worse.

I suddenly become overwhelmingly tired and walking upstairs makes my muscles burn.

Also I cant remember anything.
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Always talk to your doctor about new or different problems.

That said ... FM/CFS I have overwhelming tiredness also.

I go threw different times on and off with a very poor memory.I know loud sounds can make it hard to focus and remember or keep my train of thought.I'll forget things fast
    And I can not go up and down stairs anymore because of pain in my legs and hips.

These DD's seem to add new symptoms all the time.But these are the hardest for me to cope with.

Stress can cause many things to go wrong with our minds and body.You need to really get a good Physical and have things checked out.

Things can run in familys.Ask your doctor to better educate you on both your mothers and your daughters illnesses.

Tell your doctor your worries.He may be able to help you with preventive measures so you do not get what they have.

It is always smart for a Doctor to have a family history so hes aware of things that could come up with your health.

I hope you feel better after you have talked things over with your doctor.
    Come back to this board anytime and read what others will post.That has helped me alot.

Let us know what you find out ,that may help others here with the same problems.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

The burning feeling in your legs when you walk up stairs is one of my big problems. You mention having those symptoms for quite a long time. What other symptoms have you had?

There are many disorders that can cause muscle weakness and poor memory/ fatigue. Are you seeing a physician, and if so, what labs have he done?

Are your daughters blood disorders hereditary, by any chance? What is your family history? I am sorry about all the questions,, your post is very short, and your profile is not filled out.

Welcome to the board!! Please post more, the board is pretty fast, and you usually get replies quickly, you can post about anything you want.