Have Not heard from SSD????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Sep 14, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi all;

I have not heard from SSD, it has been over 4 weeks since I had to see their doctors. I had to withdrawl from college because my mind and body could not take it... Should I call SSD? Do I have to tell them I was taken out of college?? They new I was going for vocational training.

Help - I just need some feedback.
    Janet
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

also....i would be expecting an answer soon...call the 1800 # they can also give you the number to call the dr's office area of what the status of the report is...or at...

hang in there...

jodie
  3. TKE

TKE New Member

I'd call & let them know. Also get it in writing from the college if you can & get a copy to SSA.

I just applied for SSD. I was told & also have it in writing that I'd hear from them in 30 days. If I don't I'm to call. I know I'll be denied tho. I worked 15 weeks & made too much :(. Dang it anyway! So I'll have to keep doing the appeal thing until I do qualify.

Good luck, hope you get approved :)

Toy
  4. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I had my exam by the SSDI doctor in early May. By early July I found out I was approved. So you should be hearing something in the next few weeks.
  5. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

It's not at all unusual to have to wait several months to hear anything after the doctor's exam.

If you have a lawyer, I'd call him/her first. If not, it wouldn't hurt to call your case manager at the SSD office. Good luck. PG
  6. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi all;
    Thanks for support. My counselor at the vocational dept. just e-mailed me- i am mailing a copy of my letter from my therapist to her. She said she has to send this to SSD along with a supporting letter. SSDI sent her a letter requesting information.

I just have to sit tight, I just did not know if I should let them know I had to withdrawl from college. I know all this takes time and I do have a lawyer in case I am denied. My therapist is working on trying to get me some health insurance, so I can go to a polio clinic for some help.- I almost gave up and wanted to crawl in a hole...
    Hugs to all- Janet
  7. deannabelt

deannabelt New Member

Hang in there it does takes a while it took me 7 months and with any change even a little one call your case worker and let them know
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am sorry but i am glad at the same time...that you have your counselor from voc rehab sending the letter to ssa for you...

i am sure you will get approved...and probably w/that letter will be the icing on the cake...and maybe you will not need to even get an attorney to pay...

sorry you have the health problems...but glad you have help...on your side.

jodie