have pain most of the time ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by txangel, Jul 7, 2003.

1. txangel

txangel New Member

My question is how many of yall are in pain 90% of the time with medication? My Mother-n-law has made quite a few comments here recently implying that I don't have fibro. But 2 docs have diagnosed me. She has fibro too. And because I take so much pain medications and don't get the relief she gets/ then it has to be something else. You would think with her having this she would be more understanding. Anyways I'm not trying to bad mouth my mother n law, I just want to know if I'm the only one like this where I can get to the bottom of this.
  2. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

I take my Rx's daily and I have to say that sometimes they take the edge off the pain. However, something, somewhere hurts everyday. I hate not knowing what will hurt me when I get up the next morning. Your mother-in-law must be a lucky one, or maybe she has not had a flare in a while and forgot what it is like. I wish you and her well.
    Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

I am in pain everyday. If I ever woke up in the morning and didn't hurt I would think I had died and went to heaven. Seriously, the pain in the mornings and late at night are the worse. Even with the pain medications that I take all it does is helps take the edge off.

Dara
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

i take 2 sorts of opiate based pain meds and they only take the edge off the pain.

i take them only at night,because the pain gets loads worse at night and i don't want to end up with a painkiller addiction to add to everything else!

during the day,i just put up with the pain,

sybilxxx
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been totally without pain was a very brief complete remission I had recently following surgery. Otherwise, even with drugs, there is some pain. I have a very high pain tolerance and my pain is usually around a three. If it goes to a five, I take something OTC. If it goes to a 7, I take morphine.

The Guai treatment has pretty much leveled my pain out so that it's at a three most of the time. I don't take anything for it at that level but choose to just ignore it. I've recently been flaring, probably due to exposure to some mold, and my pain has been acting back up a little.

One thing your MIL needs to udnerstand is that we are all different. We all react differently to different drugs and stimuli. We simply cannot use someone else's experience to guage our own.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

...I honestly don't remember the last time I was pain free. I'm sure your mil doesn't realize it, but that sort of comment is really hurtful. Been there, done that, as they say. I also take a good amount of pain meds, I've just learned to not share that particular info with too many people because of the remarks it seems to generate. Hang in there! Do what you have to to alleviate your symptoms and try to let your mil's remarks roll off your back. Tell her for me she's very fortunate to not have to be in constant, overwhelming pain like many of us.
    Love and blessings
    Mar