Have to go to the ER today,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. Christinawensell

    Christinawensell New Member

    We'll just got done talking to the doctor on the phone and they said I need to go to the ER.

    I was just in yesterday for severe pain on both sides of my upper back. They did a few tests and labs and found that i have a really bad kidney infection. SO bad that they gave me antibiotics with a shot before leaaving the office and told me if I was not better by evening that I needed to go into the ER. They also gave me a prescribed antibiotic too.

    I am feeling worse now. I came to work today because I need the money. Now I am waiting to see if my hubby can come up with the copay for the ER so I can leave and go and be on an antibiotic drip.

    It is not enough all the other things I am going through. My father having to have open heart surgery then all the infections that he is trying to get rid of,my mom got bit by a scorpion the other day and now this.

    Keep me in your thoughts. Thanks
  2. fivesue

    fivesue New Member

    prayers! I pray that this will all be done speedily and you will feel better very soon.

  3. hoodnanny

    hoodnanny New Member

    you know when it rains it pours, but there is a rainbow at the end of the rain..
    i hope that all you be well with you before the day is over. do take care.
    you are in my thoughts. and i pray that before the morrow everything will be better....shirley
  4. ilovecats94

    ilovecats94 New Member

    I'm so sorry to hear you are so ill right now and I do hope you will be feeling better soon.

    Prayers for you to get better and so for your father and mother. Glad we don't have the scorpions here. You should post on the Prayer Thread too if you get a chance.

    Prayers and hugs,
  5. rileyearl

    rileyearl New Member

    Here's a hug! I'll be looking for your posts to let us know how it's going.


  6. Tigger57

    Tigger57 New Member

    Those suckers hurt like a son of a gun! I'm so sorry.

    If I may suggest... if you feel you need to go to the ER and can't pay the co-pay... see if they will bill you. That really isn't something you want to mess with.

    Take care and let us know how you make out.
  7. Juloo

    Juloo Member

    My father-in-law was in the hospital for 8 days out of the last 14. He was treated for a recurring lung infection that LAST YEAR he opted out of IV antibiotics for.

    Some things cost more in the long run if they're not dealt with immediately. Please think ahead and nip this in the bud if you can find a way to do so. I just think about all the anguish and pain (and cash drain) that my father-in-law could have avoided had he agreed with the more aggressive approach his doctor recommended last year.
  8. JLH

    JLH New Member

    Yeah, kidney infections aren't anything to mess around with. I hope they give you the right meds to get you back on your feet soon.

    The doc should have just had you go back to the hospital as a "direct admit" and admitted you for under 24 hrs, which would cost you less, and NOT go through the ER to be charged for the ER co-pay, etc.

    I know my insurance would pay for the "direct admit" long enough to get the IVs, etc., but if I go to the ER, it is $75 or $100 copay (unless then end up admitting me, then they forget the ER copay).

    This is really coming at an inconvenient time for you, I know. It seems like it always happens that way. When it rains, it pours.

    I'll be praying for you and your family.

    Much love,
  9. DLsGroovyMoM

    DLsGroovyMoM New Member

    if he just wants you to get iv antiboitcs he should just do a 24hr admit, would be much less hassle and money...i'm sure you are gone? already...heres hopeing you are better soon!

[ advertisement ]