Have Y'all Seen The Comet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't remember the name but it is burning brighter than scientists expected it to. I went out early yesterday morning and it was up by the moon. With the naked eye, it looks like a huge star or planet. With my binoculars, it looks like bright dots of light all clustered together. I love celestial events. Hope you get to see it.

Love, Mikie
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

How nice of them to name a comet after me.

Problem is, the lights of Albuquerque are too bright for me to see it.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

what times of the night/early morning, do you know??? And what part of the sky??

My insane DH and equally insance almost-son-in-law are getting up at 4 AM to go over to a lake (Lanier (which is at an all time low due to historic drought in Georgia) to go fishing... it is normally a 70 minute drive... maybe they can at least see it...

As for me, I can't imagine getting out of my nice warm bed LOL, frost warnings are on for tonight!!! I do remember that comet a while back that could be seen earlier in the evening, right after sunset, don't remember the name -- I can see why people used to think it should mean something!

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I went out at 6:00 a.m. this morning but it isn't spectacular as when it dark. It's so bright that it can be seen even when it's getting light out.

If I look out to the east, it is up pretty close to the moon at 6:00. You can't miss it because it's too big and bright to be anything else.

Love, Mikie
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks Mikie for the Mention! will try and see it!
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

He loves these events...it will probably be earlier than what you see as we live in CA? Correct?

Thanks for posting this. Also, Mikie, congrats on getting the job! I sure hope this one turns out to be a perfect fit.