Have you been DENIED or CUT off by INSURANCE CO?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

According to www.bad-faith-insurance-claims.com many insurance companies are being investigated for "Bad Faith".

Like me and many others my LTD payments/benefits were cut-off after 2 1/2 years of payments. I wasn't sent to a DOCTOR to make this decision, I was sent to a Functional Capacity Person who had no experience or knowledge of FMS/CFS, they didn't know why I was sent there either!

Met Life should of sent me to a DOCTOR to determine my disability. I was cut off solely on this person and shouldn't of been!

So if anyone has been denied by any of the below companies I encourage you to file a complaint- no charges to do this

Now Investigating Bad Faith Claims from the Following Carriers:

Aetna
    Berkshire Life
    Central Life
    CNA
    Cigna
    DMS
    Equitable
    Guardian
    Hartford
    Insurance Co of North America
    Liberty Life
    Mass Mutual
    Mass Casualty
    Met Life
    Monarch Life
    National Life of Vermont
    New York Life
    Northwestern
    Provident
    Prudential
    Paul Revere
    Royal Maccabees
    Standard
    Trustmark
    Unum
    UnumProvident
  2. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I AM CURIOUS HOW MANY OF YOU WHO WERE "DUMPED" BY MET LIFE WOULD JOIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR "BAD FAITH"?

cLASS ACTIONS WOULDNT COST YOU ANYTHING, ALL I NEED IS A FEW PEOPLE TO MAKE IT A CLASS ACTION, BUT THE MORE PEOPLE WHO OPT IN HELPS THE CASE.

I HAVE ONE ATTORNEY WHO WOULD LIKE TO HELP.

SO IF YOU THINK YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THIS CLASS ACTION JUST SAY YES OR NO, YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE ME ANY NAMES.

THANKS

JGAVI
  3. Nspiker

Nspiker New Member

I too was denied by MetLife after 7 1/2 years of receiving benefits. I appealed and was denied on my appeal. I am now securing an ERISA lawyer to litigate my case. I was approved for SS benefits in 2004. MetLife hired a lawyer to represent me in securing SS benefits, then turned around and denied me after receiving their reimbursement from SS. How unethical is that!

I live in California and will definitely make a claim against MetLife with the insurance commissioner. Unfortunately, we cannot register a complaint with the insurance commissioner if we are in the process of litigation, so it will have to wait.

I understand from my lawyer that the terms of the Metlife plan is important. If your plan gives the Plan Administrator "discretion" then you may have difficulty winning the case. I guess this one word makes the difference between a judge reviewing the case "de nova" vs. "arbritary and capricious". It is much more difficult to win with arbitrary and capricious for CFS.

[ advertisement ]