HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE CHENEY CLINIC AND DID IT HELP????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dacer, Mar 15, 2003.

1. dacer

dacer New Member

I AM CONSIDERING GOIN TO THE CHENEY CLINIC, BUT I WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT HELPED YOU OR NOT, WHAT NEW THINGS DID YOU DO?? WHAT KINK OF TREATMENTS DID YOU HAVE YOU HADNT HAD BEFORE. THANKS DACER
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You will find lots of support and good info on this Board. I do not go to Cheney...I have FMS, not CFS. But, Paul Mark, who is regular here, does use Dr. Cheney as his doctor, though he has phone appointments, since he lives in Kentucky.
    It is much slower here on weekends, so you may want to repost this on Monday, and address the title of your post to Paul Mark, if he has not seen it and answered you by then.
    Best wishes, Klutzo
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And only heard of one person, secondhand, who heard of someone who considered herself healed as a result of going to Dr. Cheney. I think Dr. Cheney is a hero for all he has done as an advocate and researcher in CFIDS, but I just cannot rationalize spending approx. $6,000 when I cannot find anyone who feels he or she has been greatly helped.

Do a search on the word, Cheney, and it should bring up our old posts on the subject.

Love, Mikie
  4. Wildaisy

Wildaisy New Member

Hi Dacer,

I read your message, and I thought I would reply. Yes, I have been to the Cheney Clinic, and it helped me tremendously.

But--Cheney is now in Asheville, NC (828-274-6665; One Vanderbgilt Park Drive, Suite 230, Asheville, NC 28801. And he is VERY expensive. I have not been for a while, but I understand that he is now charging $8.50 per minute, and that does not include any lab work, etc. Also, he does not accept medicare.

The exciting part is, I think he is nearing a breakthrough! He has developed a new protocol which involves several steps. First, to stop the deep brain tissue damage (based on the Pall research--see http://molecular.biosciences.wsu.edu/Faculty/pall/pall_cfs.htm) using a high dosage of CoQ10 (1200 mg per day); clonazepam (name brand Klonopin) and very high dosage of Vit. B12 (by injection every day). Then, after that and, if necessary, a protocol to correct gut problems, he intends to use stem cells to actually correct the damage already done. I think he is really onto something here.

He is an absolutely brilliant man, and although he has had a health problem (heart) himself lately, he seems to be in good shape now.

If you want to know more, write back.

Wildaisy
  5. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

Oh that is exciting! I like to hear more about it!
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

what he included in his published 90 page report, recently released through virtualhometown? and did you improve greatly on his protocol? I am trying to follow his protocol according to that report..
  7. gcalex

gcalex New Member

I faxed an inquiry about a month ago about what was involved in going to the clinic and I got a response by regular mail telling me to check back in six months, that for now they were not seeing new patients. I don't know if that was because of Dr. Cheney's health or not.