Have you ever been "buzzed"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

by a swarm of nats????? OMG I couldn't get away from them. I had walked across the road and over the hill to take pictures of the sunset.

I had a nice little path then the tree guys took some more down and they were in my way so had to move the branches out of my way and out of nowhere here came a swarm of nats swirling around my head, I had a camera in one hand and a hard rake in the other and was just swinging away and moving but they followed me!

Then another larger buzzing thing was dive bombing me, geez all that for a no sunset sunset. It seemed like it was going to be one as the sun was very red. Two nights ago the entire skyline was the most gorgeous red and I didn't get a pic because I was cutting grass and trying to get it done before it was totally dark.

Tonight was a dud, then I got "buzzed" and dive bombed. So the girls and I rode the golf cart up and down the road about a dozen times, really,LOL. Put the windsheild down and cruised down the slightly graded road then back up and do it again.

I have been having problems with 2 of my newer batteries not holding a charge and they told me to run them down all the way then recharge them. I was hot from running from the flying critters and riding in the breeze felt great.

Now what did you think I was talking about??? Have a good evening-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, to be honest, I thought some one shook hands w/ you using one of those old wind-up buzzers we had when I was a kid.

You sure have some adventures. Maybe if you put pin wheels on your cart they will blow the bugs away.

Can you train the mighty hunter dogs to snap up the gnats?

Headline: Carla's Girls Gnash Gnats! Or, if the girls were Jewish, they could nosh the gnats.

Always happy to help

3. ckball

ckball New Member

I can't beleive no one else responded. I have noticed it has been quiet around here, I hope the new site has scared everyone off.

Boy do I have another story to tell with pictures this time, it is a REAL cliff hanger! But got to get in the tub and save the story for another day.

Best to you and Gordan-Carla
  4. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

I keep the gnats down around my place by having a bat house out back. Also keeps the skeeters down.

I got to ask, what's with this place? I figure you'll know, since I remember you from back when. I noticed that someone posted about losing their father in law, and a kittie, and having a doctor scare, and ain't hardly nobody posted to them, but they got lotsa views. What kinda person could read something like that, and not at least give a kind word? Has this place really changed that much in 2 years?
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Hey Greenonion- you must be posting from the new board, I haven't made it there yet, so I guess you see how many views a thread had?

THere are still a few of us "oldies" here but I am surprised too that so few people responded to someone that had that many things going on.

So many have their own troubles and can't offer any help I guess. Then we had a person awhile back that was fake, there was ALWAYS a crisis, then we figured it out and she was banned.

There have been several others banned too for posting websites or arguing with others, the FM board is pretty bad I hear.

I stay over here on Chit CHat. It has been especially slow the last few weeks, I guess getting kids back to school and stuff.

MOnica yes the girls and I are fine, but was a little scary at the time. I just knew it was going to go over the hill, thank god for the tree. So glad you won your case, hope you start feeling better soon-Carla
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

On a fifty mile hike in Idaho, the trails would wind around mountains. On the shady sides, "no see ums" knats would eat us up.

Then there was a time when a monster horsefly would patrol his territory on an eight minute schedule. We were in a hotspring, so every 8 minutes precisely we would have to duck into the water to avoid being dive bombed.

Oh,well, Nature.
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Hey Mad, glad to know I am not the only one,LOL. Every 8 minutes huh?

I guess when I moved the brush I stirred them up as they came out of nowhere.

Julie I have heard someone else mention Avon too, I may have to find a Avon rep- thanks guys-Carla
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yes I think I have to get out more often too- like Julie (-: !!
    Sorry aaout you getting Buzzed. At least you did not get stung, bit or anything. Better than Bees or Hornets, I guess.

9. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Happens all the time during my walks.

And then again in the evening, after a couple depth charges.

I'd get me one of those carts, but then I'd never get any exercise at all.