Have you ever felt so sick that you wonder if living is worth it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 21, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I don't remember ever being so deathly sick. I have aches and pains in places that I did n't know could hurt. I have coughed so hard that I feel like I won't be able to keep any thing down. I have to much junk in my lungs and throat and nose that I have worn off my nose from blowing it so much. I have coughed up so much stuff that brathing hurts.

I went to the doctor on Monday and he took one look at me and said that I looked sick. DUH! AFter listening to my lungs and looking in my ears and throat I was told that I have flluid in my lungs close to phemumonia but not quite yet but if I were not to get some antibotics I would be sicker and possiably in the hospital. My pulse ox was on the low side around 89 but when I could quit coughing and breathe it came up to 91. I have brohchitis and a bad case of it. I didn't know that you can hear your self wheeze but you can and I do . It has woke me up for the past few nights. It really is a strange noice and I just do feel so good.

the doctor put me on Z PAC and it is helping. I am also taking some quai and dextromethozone for the cough. I am taking mucenix ? {SPELLING}
    I am so tired and have lost my appitie I don't want to eat as I am not hungry at all, But I have drank so much fluids that I am really hydrated.
    My doctor siad that I should be better in a few days but the cough may last for a few weeks. I have to use my inhaler and I hate it.

I just can't tell you how horrialbe I really feel. I am tired and hurting and coughing , hacking, BAD HEADACHE, never ending cough, But that is what you get with bronchitis. And a bad case of it as well I don't do things small even getting sick.

I knew that I must be really deathy sick when I saw that my disabiliy check was in the bank and I have not gone on and put it in a savings acccount as I just can't sit up with out having the room spin and my cough up my lunch. I have the energy of a wet noodle. So I have been staying home and resting but it is much harder when you lean back and all you hear is this loud wheezing comming from your own lungs. Snap crackle and POP have a whole new meaning when you wheeze.

I won't say that I am feeling better because I know that if I do this will flare up again and I don't want that ,
    so it is off to bed for me now. Just wanted to check in and let you know that while I feel like death warmed over I am not dead yet just feel like it.
    So as I sit here and type and I can smell the vicks that is warming up my chest. I have used so many tissues that my nose hurts and is raw.
    Well back to bed wanted to let you know I was still alive.
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  2. pamlamb

pamlamb New Member

Sounds like you are having a rough time. Are you able to just take care of you or are there others depending on you?
    I hope you get what you need to be well again. I have chronic resp problems and asthma so I know some of what you speak of. Its 2 am here and I gotta get to bed. Hope your better soon. PJ
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

im sorry your not doing well!!!! please try and get some clear broth down you, plus it helps to open your sinuses. a tea spoon of honey also helps your throat spelling?????? get your rest GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I'm wondering houw you are feeling? Please go back to the doctor if your congestion gets worse. The medications you take for pain can also aggravate your breathing.

You might sleep slightly elevated at night.

Hope you are feeling better.
  5. wrthster

wrthster New Member

It sounds like you have a major infection or infections. I would make this doctor stay on top of it. That is why I think you are feeling so lousy. Please feel better and take care of yourself.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, I do sometimes wonder if life is worth living if I have to feel so bad all the time. Then I remember I am 56 and most my family lives to age 100 - so I better get used to it.

I have a business and better start getting involved unless I want to sell it. I am really not ready to tell, so I know the answer...

Am I the only one who stays away from work?
  7. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm like this allt he time lately! I'm 29, feel like how how can I do this for 40 more years, can't handle one more year.
  8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

In 1992 I felt so bad that I'd come home from work and fall on the floor and cry. I moved back home to Columbia,SC. I thought I was coming home to die. I HAD to work. I didn't seem to feel as bad at work. I didn't start to feel better till I sold all my furniture and moved back into my Mother's house. I made an immediate recovery. I believe my body was being attacked by the chemicals that the sofa I sometimes slept on was treated with.
  9. bewell4

bewell4 New Member

before it became pneumonia! if you like, try dabbing olive oil around just inside and outside your nostrils...my friend from mexico uses this like a magic cure, and it does help!
    somehow, (not in a bad way), reading your post i felt lighter...jeez, i feel like dying many days and i can breathe okay! its somehow reassuring... ?!
    i am getting it...i think what feel light about this, is that you are sick with something that can be cured!! yay!
    i know i am in a mental space where i just have to shut down to survive...remember that this* should get better soon!