Have you experienced this?? - weight loss

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with it but suprised by it as well. I have always had to work hard to keep my wt low. Losing wt has been very difficult. I am not over wt but gain easily.

Anyway, since I've been cutting out the sugar I have lost 4 pounds (2 weeks) without any effort. I'm actually eating more cal just no simple sugar. I have also been eating yeast-free bread, yogurt, and started taking probiotics 2 days ago.

I find this so interesting. It doesn't agree with what I was taught (I am a Dietitian). In fact so much of this DD doesn't mesh with my education. I am relearning so much. I have a degree in this stuff and I feel like I know nothing all of a sudden!

Has anyone else had this experience with wt loss? Is this a normal thing when treating yeast?

Sofi
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

This is exactly right. When you start eating more alkaline foods and dropping acidic or acid creating foods (sugars, carbs etc...) you will drop weight without effort. If you want more info on this read the "PH miracle" by Dr Robert Young. I've been on this diet for about 18 months with my wife and it is very cleansing and healthful, and yes you will drop weight with ease and feel better.

By the way, my wife went from a size 10 to size 4 in the first 8 months :)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2006]
  3. Daisys

Daisys Member

The same way of eating that won't feed the yeast could also be controlling your blood sugar levels better. This controls weight better. I found that to be the case for me. Diabetes runs in my family.
    Another thing I found (by accident) in changing my diet is that I'm gluten intolerant and my health has dramatically improved which has affected my weight.
    Other food allergies could affect a person's weight too.

The one thing we all have in common is that we're all so different! Finding this out will make you better at problem solving as a dietitian.
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

This whole experience has been very educational.

I think you are right about the blood sugar control, Daisys, as I have always had a serious problem with hypogycemia and the diet seems to be helping with that.

I will find out soon about the possiblity of infection when the blood tests come back to my rheumy's office.

I don't need to lose any more weight but I find the weight loss so interesting since it has always been a challenge for me. I am feeling really good about these changes I'm making. It gives me hope for the future.

Thank you for your input. When I get more knowledgable about this DD and nutrition I hope to use my degree to help others going through this. That's down the road. Just healing for today.

Thanks all!
    Sofi