Have you had a needle biopsy before? Need advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I have to have one done on Tuesday on my lymph node, behind my ear.

Can you explain how it was?
    Thanks
    Kim
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've had needle biopsy on my Thyroid 2 or 3 times. It is called Fine Needle Aspiration, at least when done on the Thyroid. For me, they offered Novacaine each time, but I declined it. It was never a problem for me. They give me an ice pack to hold over my neck to reduce swelling. I guess some people find it painful but for me it was minor.

Have said a prayer for you that God would give you peace and healing on this. Let us know how you make out.
  3. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

One in my lung, one in my liver. The actual needle part was not a big deal in my liver at all. The lining of the lung has nerve endings, so there was some local pain medicine and it didn't hurt much either.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kim,
    I had one of a large ovarian cyst. They gave me novocaine first, and then aspirated the cyst. All I felt was "something" in my abdomen, but it was not painful. It also was over pretty quickly.

They used a machine to help them see exactly where the cyst and needle were, as they were working.

Good luck. It helps if there is someone you can take with you for moral support, if you are nervous. I found the people at the hospital very kind and that helped me a lot.

Hugs,
    Terry
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you all so much!!! Sounds much easier than I thought... still, rather NOT have it ofcourse.

YOur experience and advice has meant so much.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Hugs
    KIm
  6. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi Kim,
    I had a needle biopsy on my lymph nodes(left side of neck) in 1999.I had mine done in the ENT doctors office,only took a minute ot two & there was no pain.Just felt like the small nip you get when getting blood took.
    Hope your results are fine,
    Good luck,Paul.