Have you heard @ our Supplements?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, May 1, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Have you heard about the supplement fiasco here in Australia? Seems one company produces @ 75% of Australia's supplements and they have problems with quality control.Some Chemist lines have been voluntarily withdrawn, a couple of Veterinary lines and the rest are for human consumption.Over 1000 items are affected. Government has put a hold on things for 6 mnths at this stage. Some people became very ill on a travel sickness tablet. I am lucky in that I can still get the ZMA equivalent,SAMe is safe as is the Calcium, but the Multi vitamin I was taking and the OLE are both withdrawn. This company are the only manufacturer of the OLE, so I won't be having that for a while.Just as well I am feeling a lot better just now. Will have to go shopping and stock up on the brands which are safe. Guess most others will do the same. Love Ozgran.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

It's good that the lack of quality was discovered----with what all of us pay for supplements, they should meet the highest quality standards! Have you tried the ones from this site? I have no idea how much it'd cost to ship to Australia, though! But the quality is great & I think that the prices are pretty reasonable....

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry to hear this. We have problems here in the States sometimes too with supplements.

The products here at Pro Health are really wonderful, but I know the shipping and handling must be high for you.

I was getting a Noni juice from your country, but can't remember what the shipping cost was now!

I bought it by the case as it was cheaper than small amounts. I know the phone calls were very high, or I am just 'chatty' when I get on the phone!

Hope all works out for you...............

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]
  4. Synergy

Synergy New Member

One thing you can always do to protect yourself is purchase supplements that are produced in a pharmaceutical grade lab. There are several supplement companies out there that have this distinction, so make sure of it when purchasing your supplements.