have you read family circle mag.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rbecca47, Feb 6, 2007.

1. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

the new issue of family circle, has a write up on pain and controlling it. they have a spot on fibro. says that in some fibro patients the brain is not producing enough dopamine, I was wondering if any one has read this or anything else related to it. Becca
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

"Dopaminergic rather than serotonergic neurotransmission is altered in fibromyalgia, suggesting increased sensitivity or density of dopamine D(2) receptors in fibromyalgia patients. Stress and anxiety is an important modulator of dopaminergic neurotransmission. Our results suggest that fibromyalgia is related to anxiety and associated with disturbance in the stress response systems." PMID: 12781354 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I've believed that stress/anxiety has been the cause of FMS all along and have a cause & effect type of action with hormonal balances that regulate the body.
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

yes stress doesnt do OUR family any good...GOD BLESS - BLKKAT
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have seen a dvd intitled "Where does it Hurt?"
    that mentions the dopamine theory.

You can also look for Dr. Patrick Wood on the internet.
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

There are a couple easy natural ways to increase levels of dopamine in your body. One is to eat 2 ounces of dark chocolate a day. The other is to take a lot of fish oil. I do both!

:)

Forebearance