have you seen an Endocrinologist?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daftlass, Aug 31, 2008.

1. daftlass

daftlass New Member

Hi all,
    I feel i am troubled with adrenal fatigue,and wonder how many of you have seen an Endo.
    I take antibiotics and they get me through the day and stop the "ill" feelng but i am upside down.I cant function until around 4pm then i dont sleep.I think its adrenal fatigue????.
    Getting any help on the NHS is awful but would it be worth seeking the advice of an Endocrinologist?
    I did a search to read past posts on it and it seams cortef does the trick.I guess its not something you try without medical guidance.
    Any advice

[This Message was Edited on 08/31/2008]
  2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I saw on for the first time in 2006. He discovered a problems with my parathyroid glands (small glands next to the thyroid), and low vitamin D levels.
    I went through a battery of tests, and this doctor was the one who suspected I had a genetic disorder, something completely separate from FM/CFS.

I did have some issues with my adrenals, but I'd been on steroids, so that was adjusted. I know on some level my adrenals are deeply affected but other than supplements in the past, I don't take anything for them.

I used to eat black licorice every day.
    I think it would be worth going to one, for sure. I had NO idea I actually have a disease that I inherited, and until I saw him, no one else had a clue either. He sent me to neurologists, but I still go to him every 6 months.