Have you surrendered?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hoobastank, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Hoobastank

Hoobastank New Member

Just curious if anyone else out there has surrendered their life over to God. When I say "surrender", I mean all everything. Not holding on to anything, and saying to yourself, this is mine to deal with and this other part of my life I will give over to God to deal with. This is such a simple act to do, but often overlooked for the same reason. It can be a great relief when we finally relinquish control of our lives over to God and say "I give up".

Galatians 5:1 - It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

God Bless,
    Craig
  2. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Craig,
    Thanks for the reminder and encouragement. I actually do find myself surrenduring quite often:)
    Monkeykat
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

It is a daily struggle for me in turn everything over to the Lord. But I try and succeed many days, but my heart and soul is always with him. And I try to pray continuously thru the day. But I love my Lord and Jesus.

Danny
  4. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

Yes, I do surrender it all to God and literally give it all to him. I have always trusted God -- But, now I feel I have no choice. It is very hard because we are brought up to be self-sufficient and the world does not look kindly to those who have all-out faith in what they deem is an invisible God. Now, that I and I am sure others are being challenged vigorously in our health, finances etc., this seems to be quite a test. We are tempted continuously to take back what we have given to God, wholehartedly, because we don't see results or answers to prayer, after waiting a long time. It is a simple act to surrender it all/give it all to God. But, as the days progress without answers --it is a struggle to continue. I am hopeful, despite circumstances, that God will provide, heal, prosper and give counsel/support via the great people on this board and others. God Bless you All.
  5. grge

grge New Member

Surrender is difficult in my heart i know that God is my savior, i know that He knows how to give good gifts to His children, i know He loves me i know that He will never leave nor forsake me, i know that He has numbered my days and i know that if i ask believing i will recieve those gifts i ask for, My heart knows all this but there are times when my head tries to take over. I surrender myself body and soul to my Lord.
    Grge
  6. Hoobastank

Hoobastank New Member

John 8:36
    So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

7. Yesh

Yesh New Member

With everything that has been going on with my son, I surrended all because I could not deal with it any more! And it seems that as soon as God has all my ducks in a row, the enemy comes along and disrupts them.

And my friends, they tell me they envy me because God puts me through one trial after another. They also said they have learned to sit and watch God move because I say here you go God, you deal with this.

God Bless

Yesh

8. bakron

bakron New Member

I've had some hard lessons, as many have, learning to relinquish control of things to gain control through Christ. It's not an easy road for many. Thanks for the reminder, this is also something that I have to struggle with on a daily basis. I'm as stubborn as they come!

In Christ,

Jeannette
  9. Hoobastank

Hoobastank New Member

A PRAYER OF SURRENDER

Father, I surrender to you completely and unreservedly, in every area of my life, now and at this moment. I yield everything to you, my body, my soul, and my spirit, my family, my job, my finances, my weakness, my strengths, my past, my present, my future, everything I am for all eternity. (And of course my ministry).

I come to you Lord, to thank you for my new heart and new spirit, which you gave me, when you caused me to be born again. I ask Lord, for a Godly sorrow, leading to repentance for all the things I've done to grieve you, all my sins, my iniquities, all iniquities of my ancestors, back as far as it goes, through all generations even back to Adam and Eve. That I may be healed of my coldness of heart and my lack of trust. I thank you, Lord, for empowering me to turn around, to go the other way, the way that pleases you, when you baptized me with the Holy Spirit and fire.

You are so welcome, Holy Spirit, and I thank you for coming into my life, right now. I praise you and love you, Holy Spirit. I ask you to help me receive the things promised to me from, the Father, thru Jesus Christ. Help me to come into complete fellowship and communion, with you, Jesus and the Father. Make me fully aware of your presence and enable me to hear your voice. You will bring to my remembrance all the words of Jesus, and I promise to keep them in the midst of my heart.

Heavenly Father, I ask you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to anoint me with your Spirit, to touch those around me and those you bring across my path. Help me, Holy Spirit, to never neglect our fellowship, in Jesus' Name. Only you Holy Spirit, can lead me into all truth and show me things to come. Only you hath the Father given through our Lord Jesus Christ, to teach us all things. Forever and forever, Amen and Amen.