Have you taken Zyprexa

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jean C., Dec 14, 2002.

1. Jean C.

Jean C. New Member

Hi, I have been reading board and have posted a few times for the last year or so. I did not post often since I have the same problems, aches and pains, doctors, medication. I have been disable since last year. I was diagnosed by my Primary M.D.,was referred to a rheumy (did not like), I am now under the care of Primary and also a Rehabilation Dr. She is very nice. I have taken to many meds to list. I was started on Zyprexa two weeks ago. Now taking 15 mg. One a day. I started taking at night did not sleep for three nights, dozed off and on. I then tried in mornng. I am feeling much better. This is the part we all have trouble explaining, the FEEL bad or good. I have even been thinking about things to do,I had lost that somewhere in the meds. Diagnosed in 1998, (been sick for years)then worked until total disable a year ago last January. I know this is long but I felt the need to share my experience on Zyprexa. Dr. was surprised with the verse effect of making me up instead of sleepy,of course we could have told her this is nothing new with this DD. I would like to thank everyone for all the help this board has offered. I do miss the older members that quit. Maybe they will return. Take care. Jean
  2. Jean C.

Jean C. New Member

Hi, I have been reading board and have posted a few times for the last year or so. I did not post often since I have the same problems, aches and pains, doctors, medication. I have been disable since last year. I was diagnosed by my Primary M.D.,was referred to a rheumy (did not like), I am now under the care of Primary and also a Rehabilation Dr. She is very nice. I have taken to many meds to list. I was started on Zyprexa two weeks ago. Now taking 15 mg. One a day. I started taking at night did not sleep for three nights, dozed off and on. I then tried in mornng. I am feeling much better. This is the part we all have trouble explaining, the FEEL bad or good. I have even been thinking about things to do,I had lost that somewhere in the meds. Diagnosed in 1998, (been sick for years)then worked until total disable a year ago last January. I know this is long but I felt the need to share my experience on Zyprexa. Dr. was surprised with the verse effect of making me up instead of sleepy,of course we could have told her this is nothing new with this DD. I would like to thank everyone for all the help this board has offered. I do miss the older members that quit. Maybe they will return. Take care. Jean
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Never tried it. I haven't been on medications since June of this year secondary to lack of insurance. I do have insurance as of Jan, so I'll be seeing a new internal medicine. I have found since not taking meds that the OTC meds seem to do about the same as the narcotics, without the drowsiness. Good luck. dolsgirl
  4. Jean C.

Jean C. New Member

Hi, just walking this up to see if anyone else has taken ZYPREXA.
  5. twjen

twjen New Member

Do you have any psycotic problems? This med in a bit hgher doses is an antipsycotic med. This drug can cause psycotic
    problems in people that are not psycotic. I know someone who has severe catotinic psycotic episodes and takes this med. If you need it that might be a good choice med., but if you do not have any psycotic symptoms, this is highly risky thing for Doc to give you. Look it up on a search.
    Good Luck. Jen
  6. twjen

twjen New Member

I am not trying to put down zyprexa if you need it for psycosis. But if your not psycotic at all I dont think you should take it for any long period of time. These potant drugs can cause irriversible damage (brain chemical changes and addiction to where you wont be "normal" without it again). Dont mean to sound harsh, but Im concerned as to why your Doc gave you this med. and what you have studied about antipsycotics. Have a nice day.
  7. tedebear

tedebear New Member

According to the zyprexa manufacturer, this drug is given for schizoprhrenia and bipolar patients.

Pretty heavy duty drug. Just curious as to why they are giving such a strong drug for FM/CFS?

Call me curious.
    Soft hugs.
  8. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I have to go along with the rest here, do you have other problems..I hope dr. did not just give you Zyprexa for sleep..My mother is on Zyprexa, but she suffers from dementia and paranoid feelings..It has helped her..I get that effect with certain antidepressants, they will get me so wired that I can't sleep, eat, concentrate or anything..
    Everyone's body is different..
    Take Care.....Best Wishes........Donna