Have you tasted the new apple?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Mar 18, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know how to spell it--I can't remember and I just saw them again yesterday at the grocery! (at a WalMart Supercenter)

It's a new apple, it looks like an apple, but tastes (and smells) like a grape!!!!!

The name of it is pronounced like "grape-el". (It might be spelled like "Grapple" and you pronounce it with a "long 'a'")

They are VERY expensive -- they are packed in a tray of 4 and normally cost $4.99 or a little more.

They are good, and a really good conversation piece to take them somewhere, but I would want to pay $5 for 4 apples all of the time!! Also, I think the "unique" taste would probably get old after a while.

If you see them, give them a try ..... at least ONCE!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2007]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

They sound good, but haven't seen them at the local stores.

--wonder how they cross bred them, if they're some sort of GMO food?

3. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

I love grapes and a great big grape sounds extra yummy.
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Janet and all,

I've seen grapples at TX and Oklahoma supermarkets for about two years. My folks had them at their house last Thanksgiving. It really is a cross between an apple and a grape--it's mostly an apple, but it's very sweet like a purple grape. If you want a treat, it's worth trying!

Hugs, Erika
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

They look exactly like an apple in shape, color, and everything! They just taste like a grape! Also, I thought they tasted better chilled.

I think I'm going to get them again if I see them a Wal-Mart the next time I am shopping!
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I wondered how they got that grape flavor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

someone sent me this, haven't seen it yet myself:

“Ingredients: Apples, water, artificial flavor and fatty acids”

So, it may not be as healthy as we think... anyone here actually looked at a label??

[This Message was Edited on 03/23/2007]