Have you tried a Cuddle Ewe? They are on sale!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Nov 15, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Has anyone bought a Cuddle Ewe wool underquilt mattress topper from this site (Pro Health)? Do you like it? Anyone try it who has wool sensitivities?

I see they are having a sale for 20% off. They are kind of pricey, so it might be a good time to try one. I see it also comes with a free pillow, and I'm always looking for the perfect pillow!

Katy
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2005]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have been on this board for two years plus. I cannot remember one negative comment! I am glad you mentioned the sale! It has been on my must have list!

In the search box above, type in cuddle ewe and use title for the search. There should be info for you from others!

Good luck~

Kim
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Hi Kim - Wow! There are lots of positive comments about the Cuddle Ewe Underquilt in past posts.

I also looked in the ProHealth store under Cuddle Ewe and checked the FAQs. They say: If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the Cuddle Ewe Underquilt, the manufacturer accepts returns up to 90 days after purchase. Hard to beat that!

I was thinking I would ask for one for Xmas, but I think I'll just order one and call it a Xmas gift to myself! LOL!

Katy
  4. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

I have one on the bed but our matress needs to be replaced so I don't believe I get the full benefits of it. But, I did notice a difference when I first started with it. REal comfy! I didn't wake as often with arms, legs going to sleep. Also need to flip and fluff often. I am trying to figure out how to clean mine besides just hanging out on the line with frebreeze.

I would say a good purchase and I will check out the pillow. I didn't know there was one. Whoo, hoo!

Sweet Dreams!
    Lil
  5. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

thanks for the tip on the sale! been thinking about it for awhile.
    Sheri
  6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Last Christmas, my daughter, a CMT (too bad she lives in Fargo, ND and I live in CA!), gave me a Thermophore Automatic Moist Heating Pad - 14" x 27". It's wonderful! You can get these online for around $70.00. I lay on this and ohhhhhh!

I would love to get a Cuddle Ewe as I've heard so many great things about them from others on the Board. However, they are very expensive, and I would worry about how to keep it clean.

What I've done is to buy a foam topper. The topper along with the Thermophore is wonderful, plus they are an affordable "doable" for me. When the foam starts wearing down, I just replace it. Generally, the foam lasts for quite a while. This works well for my husband and I. He insists on a FIRM mattress, so the foam topper allows him to have the firmness, and the foam helps my achiness.

Maybe I'll check into a twin Cuddle Ewe to try on my side of the bed since they are on sale.

Jeannette

PS: I checked and didn't see them on sale!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]
  7. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

can you use an electric matress pad along with your cuddle ewe and/or memory foam topper, or is this a safety no-no?

eddie
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

If you go to the main home page for the store, you will see a "Weekly Special" for 20% off the Cuddle Ewes. If you click on that you will see the discounted prices.

If you click on the Cuddle Ewe link on the regular menu on the left side of the page, only the sale prices are listed--it doesn't show regular prices. If you select "Add to Cart" for the size you want, you can see that they are on sale.

It's confusing! I only knew they were on sale because ProHealth sent me an email advertising the sale.

I can't see anything on how long the sale lasts. It does say "Hurry, Order by December 14 for Holiday Delivery", but that doesn't really indicate that the sale lasts that long.

Prices as I see them:

Regular Price / Sale Price
    Twin $217.00 /$173.60
    Full $270.00 / $216.00
    Queen $316.00/ $252.80
    King $399.00 / $319.20

There are a couple of other sizes, too.

Katy
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I use ours on top of my memory foam and have had no problems. We have had them for 2 years.

It doesn't have the heat a regular heating pad does. Probably why we haven't 'toasted' ourselves in bed yet!

The sale is really enticing!

Kim
  10. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I use mine under my memory foam topper - which is wrapped in down - are you supposed to use it on top of it...

I love my memory foam topper and wanted a cuddle ewe too but too much money for me too!
  11. BethM

BethM New Member

I used an extra long twin CuddleEwe pad on my side of our California King bed for a couple of years until we replaced the bed with a Select Comfort bed. I found I don't need the underquilt with this bed since I can adjust the firmness level.

However, after the house sells I'll be living at my sister's house until the end of June, and sleeping on a regular mattress. I plan to take the underquilt with me and use it again. When I used it before it made a big difference in my comfort level.

I'm debating about buying another flannelette to put on top of it, since the one I had has disappeared. Not sure if I need it or not. hmmmm.

Anyway, I vote for the CuddleEwe! BTW, I'm not allergic to wool, but find wool clothes very itchy. No such problem with the CuddleEwe. I didn't like the pillow, though, as it is very flat. It does pull body heat all the way through itself to the bottom of the pillow, though, a very nice feature.

anyway, just my 2.5 cents!

Peace,
    beth.
  12. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm going to order the Cuddle Ewe! I'll let you all know how I like it. I am concerned about the wool issue. Wool clothing always drives me nuts. Too itchy! There's always that 90 day guarantee. I'd only have to eat the return shipping.

I have tried the tempurpedic toppers before, and I always get too hot during the night. They seem to retain heat a little too efficiently. I like getting into a warm toasty bed, but I don't like being too hot after I'm in bed. It's the Goldilocks thing--this one's too cold, this one's too hot... I usually turn my electric blanket on an hour or so before bed, then turn it off when I get into bed.

I'm so excited to get my Cuddle Ewe! (I'm such a dork!)

Katy
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

TwinMa:
    I have the Cuddle Ewe and have found it to give the utmost in comfort. I got it from PH, but it was not on sale then, so I would say to anyone: grab it. The price is right and the pillow is bonus.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  14. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I bought one and have been using it for a little over 2 weeks, and I like it. I find it very comfortable. I'm not getting the sore spots on my hips and shoulders like I was before. And I actually like the pillow, too. It's pretty basic--not too fluffy, but still gives support.

I was concerned about the wool, but it hasn't been an issue at all. I'm very sensitive to wool.

Two weeks in and still giving it thumbs up!

Katy
  15. BethM

BethM New Member

I just started using my CuddleEwe again, since I've moved to my sister's house and don't have my Sleep Number bed for awhile. I'd forgotten how cozy and comfy it is to sleep on, even more than the Select Comfort bed. I've been sleeping well since I put it on the bed.

I want to see if I can persuade my darling spouse to let me get a king size one for our bed when I move up north in the summer. (If I can manage the cost, anyway!)

It's so well worth the cost, and unless someone is VERY allergic to wool, I doubt you would be bothered by it because it is encased in a heavy cotton cover, and is underneath the mattress pad and the bottom sheet.

My 2.5 cents!

Beth.