Have you tried atkins type diet, did it work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

Just want to know if you tried atkins type diet. If so, how did it help you or did it make you worse?

Shazzy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have discussed these diets a lot here and if you use the search feature, you should find a lot of posts.

I dropped 24 pounds on the Suzanne Somers Diet, which is very much like the Atkins Diet and the Syndrome X Diet. They are all low carb and high protein. The Somers Diet is easiest to stay on because if you buy her books, she has delicious recipes. She is usually on Home Shopping Network once a month but won't be back til Aug. now. She also has her own website. She has a lot of her own products, but they are expensive. You can use her cookbooks to make most of what she sells in bottles. She also has her own sweetner, SomerSweet, which is supposed to be safe. I believe it is the safest on the market except for Stevia which is a natural antioxidant.

My blood pressure went from high/normal to low/normal and all my lipids improved, including my cholesterol which went from 191 to 168. All this while eating red meat, butter and cream. She even has desserts for Level I.

Atkins is a little more strict in the beginning with slightly more dramatic results in the first two weeks.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]