Have you tried mail order steaks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asatrump, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

With some birthdays and holidays approaching I was thinking of ordering some items from Om---- company. Probably can't mention the name.

I think it would save me from shopping, finding correct size boxes and standing in line at the post office.

I would have two packages going to AZ and wonder what happens if the box can't be delivered, say nobody is home, but the weather is really hot?

Let me know if you have either given or received these meats. Thanks for the input.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

over the years I've sent a few packages of groceries to folks. Not steaks, but
    hams, turkeys, etc. Very convenient all right. Kind of pricey though. The
    charge is generally ten to twenty bucks per pound. The recipients were
    happy w/ the eats.

My dad sent me a package of steaks years ago, but the post office fell down
    on the job, and they all spoiled.

I got a catalog a couple years ago for gourmet treats: lobster, buffalo, salmon,
    cheesecake. The prices were really sky high. Some items were $30 a pound.

So that's my experience. If you'd like to do a trial run and send me some
    goodies, I'd be sure to give you a full report. (Smiling out loud.)

3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I have ordered from the Om--- company , meat okay but not the best as
    Kan--- city steaks. They are number 1 for my family. To get excellant price from kcs
    best to order from the Q_C tv program at specials they have.
    i have no idea if we can list names or not but i think you get the idea here of whom i mean.

It's very much okay to order and have sent to another address. Foam ice chest with dry ice keeps all frozen. i've never had a problem even on a super hot day.

they always give me a date of arrival which is really helpful.
    Another idea is you could let the person know they will be having a package delivered that week of whenever. Or if you know for sure that person is not away on vacation or something, the frozen package will fine.

If you need anymore input just ask, this is a good way to order for the holidays.

Live Life Well
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

A few years ago my son broke his collar bone and had other injuries from a motorcycle accident.

I sent him tons of the stuff, meals etc and he loved them. Said they were easy to prepare and very, very good.

I have had the meals arrive late due to blizzards but of course this is to be expected if you're thinking of Christmas gifts.

You can always check the faq's on the website or talk to their customer service to make sure things will be ok.

Another thing I do for the holidays is send fresh balsam fir either table decorations or wreaths from Maine. Very easy to look up on the internet. I've been told that they are the most beautiful and aromatic of anything they've seen and they last for weeks with just a mist of water on them.

My sister is a huge 'Susie home maker' type and loves this even though she lives in Illinois and it's very easy to get live greenery there. She now looks forward to this gift yearly. She just can't believe how long they stay fresh.

5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

i also ordered the balsam wreath from Q_C

The person said it was absolutely Beautiful and stayed Fresh so long.

Definately a good way to send for the Holidays.
    I've never had any problems.

Live Life Well