Have you tried this amazon fruit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sniffles, May 11, 2008.

1. sniffles

sniffles New Member

I have just been told about a berry (Acai) that is from the amazon that is being taken in juice form and is being called a super food. It is full of proteins, healthy fats, fiber,vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is expensive and would be a hardship to buy every month, but if it is as good as they say it just might help bring us some much needed relief. I guess they talked about it on the Oprah Show. Have any of you tried it. I know it comes in a fruit drink. I am just about willing to try anything that is safe to relieve some of this PAIN!!!!!!! This last week has been one of the worst I have had in the 14 years since I got this dd. If any of you have tried it or know more about this Acai berry please let me know. I can't walk from room to room any more without hurting so bad I think I may fall down because of the terrible pain in my legs and feet. Pain medicine isn't working at all anymore. Well thanks for listening to me complain. Sniffles
  2. aftermath

aftermath New Member

It's fantastic stuff for nutrition, but it's not going to cure ME/CFS or fibro...

Amazon Mania (frozen, unpasteurized) is the best brand. Forget about Mona Vie or other scams.
  3. grace54

grace54 New Member

It was the best thing I have found for energy and pain relief. There is a post about getting too many anti-oxidants by Jamminhealth where I tell my story.The Monavie is a product invented by a Dr. and is a remarkable product with 19 other fruits. As a long term CFS/fibro patient I have tried many things including a lot of money at the fibro/fatigue clinics and nothing has helped as much as the Acai product. I will bump up Jams post for you as there is a link you can see a Dr's report on it. Good health to you.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2008]
  4. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I tried this last summer (only one bottle) -- did nothing.

Now, I KNOW this is not enough to tell......but at this stage of my illness, I'm about tapped out of trying expensive products.

As with everything.....works for some.....not for others.

Give it a shot -- doesn't hurt!

GOOD LUCK.....Scapper
  5. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

How funny to see this post. My niece who has MS emailed me today and is trying to get me to try this stuff. It is soooo expensive, I am leary of it, and I am always a sceptic for 'fad"things. So I am interested in reading around here what you have to say.
  6. sniffles

sniffles New Member

I was so glad to hear from each of you. I was given a bottle to try a couple of days ago and if I notice much of a relief in this pain and exhaustion, then I will maybe try to stay on it for awhile. It is so expensive and we all know how hard it is to keep up with all our bills. If it helps, maybe I could get off some of the other drugs I take for this dd. I will let you know if I get any relief. Thanks for each of your replies. sniffles
  7. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

My b/f signed up to distribute the stuff. We had upteen bottles and he ended up drinking them all.. didn't notice anything.

I tried it it, I have fm- the only thing I noticed is that it improved my heartburn.. but I couldn't stand the taste.

I found acai juice with bluberry juice in the health food section of Giant Eagle.. Tastes great, and has lots of anti oxidents.. certainly better than the diet coke I drink all the time..

But I never noticed any pain relief from it..

8. grace54

grace54 New Member

is known for it's anti-inflamatory properties and contains all the major aminos and nutrients.If interested Google Dr.Schauss for the science behind it.:)
  9. sniffles

sniffles New Member

Thanks for the google information. I will check it out before I close down the computer tonight. I checked it out on another web site and everything looked like it might be worth trying. I have taken it now for about 4 days and I am sleeping better at night. That is helping, because I usually have so much pain during the night and spend most of the night tossing and turning. Will continue drinking it for a while and see if it helps relieve some of this pain. Thanks again. Sniffles
  10. sniffles

sniffles New Member

Thanks for the feed back on the Acai juice. I am sleeping better the last couple of nights and am hoping that maybe it will help with some of this awful pain too. I have learned to take just one day at a time and be grateful for any thing that brings some relief. It is wonderful to be able to share our problems and know we understand each other and are there to tell of things we have tried. I wanted to tell you that you mentioned drinking diet cokes in your reply to me and I use to drink all diet drinks including ice tea and I was really getting so bad at just walking a few feet because of the pain. Then my daughter-in-law sent me a clipping about the artifical sweetners and what it does to people with fibro. This was several years ago and when I gave up the diet drinks my walking improved 75%. I haven't used any now for 5 or 6 years now. It really helped me for several years but now the fibro has continued to get worse and my walking isn't doing very good. Just wanted to pass this along in case you hadn't read anything about artifical sweetners and fibro. I checked out your profile and you have two very cute daughters. Thanks for your reply. Sniffles
  11. sniffles

sniffles New Member

Isn't it great how much we can help each other through this site. I was glad to hear from you and that your Dr. knew about it. I don't know why it was to cost you 75.00 a week though. A weeks supply for me will be 35.00. That is the recommended dose per day. Your Dr. must have wanted you to take a larger dose. I know if it was that expensive every week, I wouldn't be able to try it. The average dose is 4 oz. per day. 2oz. in the morning and 2oz. at bedtime.
    I looked up some information on it and it has been reported about in several magazines and on TV. So I feel it must have been well tested if it is all they say it is. Day 5 today and the pain in my feet isn't nearly as bad. So I will let all of you know if it is making life more bearable with less pain and maybe getting some good sleep at night. Thanks for replying to my post. Sniffles
  12. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Can you tell us why you feel Amazon Mania is the brand and why Mona Vie is not a good choice?

I went to the web site for Amazon Mania, but there weren't any prices posted. Do you know how it costs?

Thanks for the post. I know someone with cfs who has improved by using large doses of mona vie. I think it's worth a shot. I am just trying to figure out, which product is best.

13. ktlovesed

ktlovesed New Member

My Mom just brought home a bottle of the Mona vie. She works in a physician's office and he swears by it. Sells it to many patients and has seen amazing results. He and his wife also drink 2 oz a day.

I'm on my second day...we'll see...

14. ktlovesed

ktlovesed New Member

I'm 13 days in and I haven't seen any changes...anyone else?