Have you used a TENS Unit?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowanMom, Feb 26, 2007.

1. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

Have you tried the TENS unit?

One of my doctors has suggested the TENS Unit. She said that it can either be a vest or patches.

Please let me know which kind you had and what worked for you.

Thanks!

Iowanmom
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Hi Iowanmom. I have a tens unit that is great when my back hurts. mine is a patch unit. i've never heard of the vest kind. when i was hit by a mac truck and was doing physical therapy on my back they used these. I loved them then and still do. you can set how intense you want the pulse to be and set what kind of pulse you want. if your doc is wanting to give you one for use or if your insurance covers it buy one i say go for it. they really are great. can't say enough about them.......SueF
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I've been using a tens unit for 2 years now. It definitely helps control my pain. I've found nothing that completely takes it away but the TENS unit helps.

I didn't know about the vest kind, I'll have to see if I can find anything about it online.

Mine is an IF (inferential) TENS unit. and it has 4 leads. You can choose the size of the electrodes.

There are different kinds of TENS units, definitely check it out especially if your insurance pays for it (mine did)or you can afford to pay for it yourself.