HAVE YOUR FAMILIES TURNED AGAINST YOU?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Jun 12, 2006.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

People would describe me as sweet, gentle, caring, and patient. I came down with FM when I was 28...now almost 34. Ever since I came down with the illness, my extended family, in-laws and my brother have abandoned me. There has been a sense of hatred, anger, ignorance, and disapproval towards me. I've actually had family members yell at me when I explained the illness and why I havn't been working. It's almost like they blame me or think I'm making it up. They have verbally abused me, won't talk to me, won't write a get well card, or just call me. Anyone been there? How can I cope?

God bless you all.
    Rebecca
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I went through this.My brother(who died in Feb) did nto beleive me and when I was married my in laws labled me a b*tch,because I always felt terrible. My ex field for divorce in 2000 because he no logner beleived me.But 3 yrs. later,I won my disabiltiy claim.
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

In the same boat, but finally by the time I was in my 50's, I let my Mother go on with her life, and to stay out of mine as she was becoming abusive.

My only now grown child has "never" acknowledged my illness, so we're minimally connected (in different states)
    but she's angry at me for my inability to communicate any longer.

Not "your" problem; "theirs". Just sad when people don't believe you; especially family!!

LIGHT*************carole
  4. baanders

baanders New Member

offer any advice on how to fight this battle without medicine? I saw in your profile that you use natural remedies.

Thank you again for all of the kind words.

Rebecca
  5. baanders

baanders New Member

Thanks for your input. My prayers are with you.
    Baanders