Have your symptoms increased with FM?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Jun 10, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi All:

I was diagnosed in December 2004. Mainly pain most areas, fatigue and insomnia. In the last year, I have started experience nerve pain in my feet and legs and now migraines.

Is this a normal (what is normal??????) course for FM? We have very unstable weather up here in Ottawa the past little while and it's been causing me to have the most awful migraines. I never used to get headaches.

The nerve pain started in my feet and has moved up to include most of my legs. Last night my temperature was 35.4 and if felt like I'd been pulled from a grave. Freezing.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. They repeated all of my blood work a month ago and everything was normal as usual.

Regards,

Eileen
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Check the obits!! Your temp was 35.4?!?!

Eileen, something's wrong here. My temp is usually low at around 96.2 but 35.4 is incredible.

I'm just learning about FM as I've had CFS for 11 years and now have FM as well. There will be others along to help you out here. Meanwhile, take a hot bath but don't fall asleep!

Oh, wait. I checked your profile (pretty lady, sweet baby, lovely mommy) and you're in Canada! Now the temp thing makes more sense. Whew!

Slow in the States,
    Marta

[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  3. stagename

stagename New Member

i'm in Canada too, just a few hours from you, and it's been a crazy few weeks for headaches. (weather, air pressure, clouds, rain, temp fluctuations, pollen and smog).

in my experience, FM goes in cycles or has its ups and downs. if you're having a bad few months, don't panic. it doesn't necessarily mean it will always be like that. you may have some relief and a few good months to follow.

sometimes i feel a cloud that was over my head has lifted and i have more energy, less pain and headaches. then i try to get things done, while still pacing myself. it doesn't pay to overdo it.

i find october-april the worst for me. maybe the climate has some part in that.

as for your symptoms, google fibromyalgia symptoms and chronic fatigue symptoms and you'll see what you can maybe expect. yours (pain, headaches, low grade fever, chills) sound like (normal) FM to me. or at least what's normal for me. but- i don't feel like that every day. i have better days, too.

keep reading and researching, modify your lifestyle and diet to cope better and you can improve your day to day life somewhat.
  4. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Dear Eileen,
    Oh my gosh, when I was reading your post I thought you were talking about me,lol! Seriously now, I have had the same probs for the past 8 months.

I was diagnosed with CFS 8 years ago and FS about 4 years ago even though I think I had the FS a lot longer than that! It has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs with different symptoms coming and going.

Last summer I was off work for 10 weeks and felt better than I had in 8 years! I swam everyday and did yoga 2-3 times per week which helped me to lose 20 pounds! About a month after returning to work I started getting really sick again and have been really ill since. I am seriously thinking about taking a medical leave from work.

Sorry, did'nt mean to ramble! Anywho, the moral of the story is that these DD's are like that, the symptoms worsening and lessening at times. I do believe that the weather plays a big part in how we feel. I know this because everytime the weather here changes dramatically my migraines and pains in my legs are worse!

When I get really bad pains in my legs I try to do stretching exercises 2-3 times a day and it really helps. For the migraines I use an ice pack and lay down with the shades closed as well as taking a pain pill. That usually helps but sometimes you just have to ride them out. I also use a product called Head On that is all natural. It's in a tube and you just roll it on your forehead, temples and back of neck close to the scalp. I don't know if they have that in Ottawa but if they do you should try it. I use it when I first feel a headache or migraine coming on and sometimes it slows it down.

Hope this helps, I feel your pain,
    Fibro-hugs, Julie

5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have been investingating MPS as I've been discovering these painful areas, like knots, in various parts of my body. They feel like someone has given you a charlie horse.

I bought some extra strentgh Advil for migraines yesterday and they are helping a bit. I'm praying for a change in weather so I can get in our pool. That always helps. I tiked the comment about my temperature. Yes, we use celcius.

I always thought that if they had your thyroid under control, then your body would be warmer. Normal is a fever for me. My feet aren't that cold though. Brrrrrrr.
    My BP was quite low too last night. 90/58 but I've always been low.

Today I feel a little better. Looks like it's improving and my parents are coming to stay for a couple of days. They're great and not any extra work for me. At 50, I still get pampered by them. I'm very lucky.

Thanks again all for the great feedback. Every one here is such a support.

Regards,

Eileen