Haven't been here in a while! Feeling bad . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Aug 26, 2010.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Hi All!

I haven't been on the message boards in some time. I had gone a very long time without a flare up but for the past 10 days or so I have felt pretty awful. My fibro has been very mild and I am not on meds (thought I have Lyrica in my medicine cabinet) but I think I might be getting to the point where I need to take them. I am dizzy and for the first time I think I am having "fibro fog". I have to work to concentrate. I am having shortness of breath and chest discomfort and visited the cardiologist today to rule out heart things (I do have some heart issues). Also lots of twitching in my hands, feet and eyes. So . . . I have a few question . . .

1. If you are on Lyrica, how did you tolerate it when you first started taking it?
    2. Do you find it hard to explain to people how you feel? I am not really in "pain". . . it is more of an uneasy discomfort. In trying to explain how my face was feeling the other day, I told a friend "It feels like I have been chewing an entire pack of bubble gum for 24 hours straight . . . just tired."
    3. How do you keep from worrying that there is something other than fibromyalgia causing your symptoms? Because I can go for months feeling fine before being hit with a flare, and because each flare it a little different, I always worry it isn't the fibro but something else.
    4. Anyone been successful with vitamins?

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Something had to cause your symptoms, right?

It is likely an infectious cause.

The symptoms you describe can be from a chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infection (a bacterial spirochete), and Babesia infection( a parasitic infection of red blood cells).

Many people on this board later found that these organisms were at the root cause of their symptoms.

Please read the symptom list on pages 9-11 of this paper, along with the specific info on Babesia, Bartonella etc on pages 22-27......

Here is another great booklet that has a great symptom list:

Twitching is very common with borrelia burgdorferi (lyme). Shortness of breath can indicate Babesia.

These infections are often found together, along with other common ones like Bartonella and Ehrlichia.

Testing is very unreliable, so it is very important for you to know that a negative lyme test should never rule out lyme.....it is a clinical diagnosis.