Haven't been here in awhile... NOT COPING WELL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Aug 24, 2008.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Here it is the weekend of my daughter's birthday... I am beat, school starts soon, it's just her and I , she has interstitial cystitis which has drained me out of every last drop !! I work full-time ( stressful job )... and I don't know how she is going to make it this school year !! I dread the thoughts of the holidays coming !! Sorry, just needed to vent. Do your symptoms change over the years ?? I was diagnosed 5 years ago and seem to get different random problems. My FM doctor told me not to try to figure it out. I've let go of everything I could possibly let go of. I feel like I am hanging by a thread !!!!!

Thanks for listening....

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm hanging by my fingernails so I can relate. The only change I've had is that my Sx keep getting worse. Sorry you're having such a rough time too.

3. findmind

findmind New Member

I am so sorry it is such a stressful time for you. It sounds like it has been going on for a while, too.

I wanted to tell you that getting a salt substitute and not eating salt has cured my IC! I read a book about it, and started taking its advice, and voila! it was gone.

If I "backslide" and start eating salt, withing a week I'm having the IC pain.

Maybe your daughter could try, and see if it works for her?

Hang on in there; oh, can your dr. give you anything for the anxiety you must be having over all these problems?

Here for you...just ring-a-ling, will you?

4. padre

padre New Member

Here is a piece of rope as you sound like you are at the end of yours.

I wonder what you would tell one of us if we had written what you wrote. My guess is that you know you will get through this tough time and that after 5 years of up and downs you know there will be ups in your future.

To answer your question: my symptoms have changed a good deal over the years although I am not sure if some come and some go because I am aging. I know that you have a doctor who I think is right. When you don't have any energy you have nothing to spend on trying to figure things out.

By the way, the holidays will come and go whether we make them perfect or not. Perfect holidays are simple holidays.

We are all hoping to stumble on the answer, but I suspect if it happened to most of us, all we'd feel is the stumble.

Thank YOU for listening.

5. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

I just wanted to send good thoughts your way. I totally understand about stress and symptoms getting worse. I was dx'd in January of 2006 and it has changed my life forever. I couldn't even imagine how difficult it must be to not only deal with your own illness, but then have a child with IC to boot. Wow! You deserve all the tender-loving-care you can get. Maybe a light massage could squeeze into your schedule? A long bath helps me sleep sometimes. Nothing works all the time, and believe me, I have tried so many different things to alleviate symptoms.

I hope you and your daughter get better soon. One-day-at-a-time.

Soft Hugs,