Haven't Been On Much Lately--Been Really Bad Off

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Nov 21, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Hello, friends.

I don't post a whole lost and often, but I normally am on the board for a couple hours or more each evening and try to read as much as I can and reply to as much as I can.

However, since the middle of last week, I have been so bad off that I haven't been able to do anything.

It's my back, hips, and legs. The pain from my pinched nerve in the back has been so horrific that it has caused my hips much pain as well as the bones in my legs.

I can't stand, walk, or sleep. It is so bad that I just sit and cry .... and end up crying to my kids and mother when they call to check on me. And ... I just hate doing that!!!

This pain has all of my fibro flared up, my arthritis all over aching more, and just everything fired up!!!

I have gotten on the board a few times and replied to a few things, then my entire back has hurt so badly that I couldn't sit here in my computer chair, so I just shut my computer down!

I never beg, but I am now ... for you all to say a prayer for me to get some pain relief.

I know I aggravated it all my trying to straighten up and clean up my house a bit on Friday because my brand new daughter-in-law's parents were coming to town to see where there were going to be moving and she was bringing them out here .... and I didn't want my son to be embarrased about our house. This was about like committing murder on myself.

I was able to go to one of my doctor appointments this week, but felt so bad that I had to cancel the second one that I had--and I had waited on this appt. for a couple months--it was to my new Endo. Then I had an appt. for today with my lung doc--and had to reschedule it, too.

My DIL is coming to clean tomorrow for Thanksgiving; my elder daughter is coming on Wednesday to help prepare all the food that we can the day before; and my middle daughter will be home mid-morning on Thanksgiving Day, but has to turn around and head back soon after she eats--but she will help me the entire time she is here.

By Thursday, I might just be in my wheelchair!

I'm not joking around ... I do really need your prayers for me to get rid of some of this pain so I can function. I have never in my life been in such unbearable pain in my bones.

Thank you, and bless you all,

Much love,
    Janet
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I am so sorry for this terrible experience!

I only have some pain from OA, and have a hard time dealing with it.

I wish I had some advice, but part of my prayer will be for other's to have some advice for you to find relief.
    I've already started praying, and have written myself a note to remember during the night.

Only one thought comes to mind; is it possible for you to get a laptop or place your computer where you can lie down?

I thank God you will have your family with you for Thanksgiving; and that they will do the cooking and cleaning.

Will keep my prayers going. Promise!
    with love, Judy
  3. darude

darude New Member

Oh I hope and pray you get some relief soon!!!!!!!! Flaring is awful!!! I was doing well and then we had a leak in bathroom water everywhere YUK Stress. My legs have been killing me the last few days nothing working. going to be early and hope they calm down!!!!!!
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

It was unbearable. The worse. I like most here is "used" to pain. I was just existing.......I can not even attempt to try and explain my misery and pain.

I got out my pill holder, that holds 2 weeks worth at a time. I thought.....HEY, no Cymbalta in this box! (for whatever day it was of the week). I realized very quickly that I had NOT been taking it for a short while. I had just gotten a refill and the Cymblata was not in with my other meds and I just plain forgot!

The weather got cold and rainy and all from the first that I was not taking it..I was engulfed in pain and not thinking straight then.

When I took my first Cymbalta , after accidently omiting it,then the pain got better. I thought I was imaging it, but how could I? This is the first medication that has helped me in all these years. I had noticed that the pain was less during the bad weather....before I stopped taking it! LOL.

I am still in pain and all, that does not go away. But this medicine makes it more tolerable for me.

So check your meds. Are you taking all and doing all? I wish I could be there and help you out. It sounds like you have a great family! You did well with them.
    Sending.. Gentle Hugs and prayers........
  5. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Janet!

This is horrible and by the time you read this, I hope you've somehow made it to a doctor's office or ER for some immediate help.

Please know that we'll be sending plenty of prayers your way. Despite your current pain, I do hope and pray that you'll have an enjoyable Thanksgiving with your family.

Healing hugs,

Janice
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so sorry Janet. I'm praying now and I will many times daily.

Dee50
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so sorry you are feeling so lousy! Please take care and know we are with you. I'm glad you posted so we could know what's up.

Hugs,
    Sue
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I just can't believe it!!! Believe what just happened to me!!

I feel so awful now and I have sat here at my computer for what seems to be an hour and have been typing a reply to everyone, thanking you all who replied, individually and have written so much ...... and I just lost it all!!!!!!

I would like to say a string of cuss words a mile long, but that wouldn't do me any good .... or get my reply back, would it?!!!! LOL

I type some, then hit the "Back" key to remember what you had said, then hit the "Next" key to get me back to my reply, and during that process one too many times, I guess, I lost everything I had said.

And ... I feel too badly to try to re-compose everything, and I am too sleepy (due to a few pain pills) to keep my eyes open any longer, so I have to go to bed -- it's just after midnight which is normally early for me, but this pain level is killing me, so I have to go now.

I also realize that I am not thinking clearly. Please excuse me.

Please everyone, continue to pray for me -- my pinched nerve in my back is about to reduce me to my wheelchair and the pain in my rib cage in my back is making it difficult for me to breathe or turn my body around without pain.

My bone pain all over will make it hard to sleep even though my eyes are closing now. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

My oldest daughter is coming to help me prepare for our big Thanksgiving feast. I'm only going to be able to to sit-down jobs. I guess I'll be dicing up a lot of onions and celery!!

Thanks again for all your prayers, and your concern, I have really needed it. I'm glad you all are here when I need some support.

I hope this has made sense.

Goodnight.

Much love,
    Janet
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2005]
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Oh Janet, hon, I'll be happy to say many prayers for you to feel better. I can't imagine having a pinched nerve in my back. Must be horrible to have to live like that along with your other medical problems.

I'm lucky I don't have to prepare the meal and my cleaning girl was here today, but I had company and they dragged some leaves in the house. I guess they don't know what the door mat is for. lol

Janet, who normally does your cleaning? You really shouldn't be doing it with all of your medical problems.

I'm glad I don't have OA with the FMS I have. Also glad I don't have all those back problems. At least I don't think I have anything other than FMS.

Many, many prayers for you to feel better. Please take it easy if you can.
    Maybe next year have someone else do the Thanksgiving dinner and you can rest up and visit them.

Hugs,
    Faye
    So sorry you lost your post. I post in TextEdit which is like Notepad and then copy and paste it to a post. That way I don't lose anything unless my computer should freeze, which doesn't happen very often.
  10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I just about cried reading your post.I am amazed that you cleaned Fri.Bless your heart.I am glad you have family coming in to help you.While they are there,you rest.Please take care.I will be praying for you.
    Sheila
  11. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry that you are in such terrible pain. But you are lucky to have help from your DIL and daughters. I hope that you can rest as much as possible while they are helping so that you can enjoy Thanksgiving.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  12. KarlaLaila

KarlaLaila New Member

Janet,

i have read a lot of the messages that are posted on here.. honestly I will pray for you today and tomorrow... I have a friend who has had CFS since he was 15.. he is only 22 but already has similiar aches as u do. I wish i was closer to him and honestly I wish i could put a smile on his face when he is feeling like that. I am really glad u posted this because it helps me understandhow crappy things can get with this... I wish u the best and ofcourse I will truly pray for you... I only wish i could make u smile.

Best wishes,
    Karla Laila
  13. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's excruciating and a 10 in pain.I will say several prayers for you.One especially so you can enjoy your Thanksgiving.Linda
  14. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I Just read your post, and I just said a prayer. I hope it helps. Thank god you have your family. And they seem supportive and caring. So let them take care of you! I know that it is hard to let others take care of us, especially if you are like many of us who have always been the one taking care of everyone else! Allow your self to be helped by others, I am sure they know that if you could, in the same situation, you would do the same for them. Do not feel guilty because you are sick! It is bad enough to be sick without us making ourselves feel guilty, we did not ask for the cards we have been delt! I hope the pain gets better and you can atleast spend some time with your family on Thanksgiving. But if you can't get out of bed, ask your family to come visit you in your room. I am sure they will be happy to do it! God bless you and your family! Joy
  15. JLH

JLH New Member

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind words. You can't possibly know how much they mean to me.

My oldest daughter came over today and fixed a ton of food for tomorrow. I can't believe how fast she can fix things, and clean up as well!!

She fixed 2 pumpkin and 2 pecan pies, a pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing, cranberry salad (that has oranges, crushed pineapple, apples, pecans, celery, and raspberry jello in it and it is soooo good), cole slaw, deviled eggs, got the homegrown sweet potatoes ready to put in the oven tomorrow, rolled all of the oysters and they are ready to fry for tomorrow, and cut up all the onions and celery to put in our dressing tomorrow. I think that's all we did tonight. Oh - forgot - we also put on a beef roast and baked potatoes for our supper. Whew!

She came around 1:00 pm and left at 9:15 pm. I did all of the sit-down jobs. I cut up all the stuff for the salad, made the dressing for the slaw, peeled and made the deviled eggs, helped roll the oysters, and cut up the onions and celery for the dressing.

So, I actually didn't do that much, as she was my "drill sergeant" and wouldn't let me do anything that required standing up. Of course, I'm so glad that she did and helped me so. She saw what shape that I was in.

I was in so much pain that I was walking by kind of inching my feet an inch at a time .. like an old woman taking baby steps, only not picking her feet up off the floor. I was reduced to tears several times during the day. I just don't know what is wrong with me. The bones in my legs hurt so badly. The rib pain in my back is hurting every breath that I take.

I have been to the doc recently and he said my lungs were clear. So I don't think I would be in congestive heart failure again. All I know is that I have never ever been in this shape before. I know the low back pain, the numbness in my one leg and foot is the pinched nerve. But what is the upper back rib pain that hurts when I breathe and turn??????

I just hope that I can tolerate my company tomorrow. I may be in my wheelchair so I don't have to walk or stand. It won't be the first time that they have seen me in my wheelchair--when I broke my foot, I was in it forever!

I gave up the big Christmas dinners because too many big dinners in one year was too much for me. Thanksgiving is now the only one that I host. Easter is held at my brother's, and our annual family reunion is rotated from relative to relative--with me excluded since I do thanksgiving.

As soon as everyone leaves, I'm taking a pain pill and going to bed forever!!!

Thanks to all of you again for your prayers.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Much love,
    Janet

16. JLH

JLH New Member

Hope you gals survived Thanksgiving!!

I'm still feeling really rough. My back pain is just as bad and the rib pain is so apparent every breath that I take. The bone pain in my legs is still preventing me from walking.

One good thing is that my entire family pitched in to help me pull off my Thanksgiving dinner for 28 people! My hubby even got up with me at 4 am to put the turkey on. He did all the work while I sat in the kitchen chair directing him! My daughter (Dr. Carrie) arrived from out of town at 8:30 am (see left at 4 am, when we were up putting the turkey on!) and my other dauther was here by 10 am and they both put the rest of the dinner on. My son and DIL arrived shortly thereafter, too.

I never had to do a dish or anything--I was sooooo thankful for my family yesterday!! I got to spend the entire day in the recliner talking with my family!

Chocolat - regarding the Traumeel. I am really, really interested in it!! Like Patti said, I am concerned, though, with all of my current meds interacting with it.

Here is a list of what I take. Do you know if there would be any interactions?

* Glucophage (for diabetes)
    * Prandin (for diabetes)
    * Actos (for diabetes)
    * Lantus Insulin (for diabetes)
    * Rythmol (for heart)
    * Lanoxin (for heart)
    * Lasix (water pill for heart)
    * Potassium Chloride (take due to Lasix)
    * Plaquenil (for systemic Lupus)
    * Lopressor (for heart & high blood pressure)
    * Diovan w/HCTZ (for blood pressure)
    * Lipitor (for high chlorestrol)
    * Neurotin (for diabetic neuropathy & fibro)
    * Lortab (for back pain)
    * Cymbalta (for depression and fibro)
    * Premarin (for hormone replacement)
    * Omeprazole (for GERD)
    * Zanaflex (for muscle pain & sleep due to fibro)
    * Ketoprofen (for osteoarthritis--may discontinue this soon)
    * Fosamax Weekly (for mild osteoporosis)
    * Nasocort AQ Nasal Spray (for sinus stuffiness)
    * Spectazole Cream (for rashes)
    * Oxygen (nocturnally)(for obstructive sleep apnea)
    * Ecotrin Aspirin (for blood thinner for heart)
    * Caltrate 600+D Calcium (for osteoporosis)
    * Gelatin Capsules (for thin nails)
    * Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement
    * Super Omega Complex (for high chlorestrol)

Allergic To: IVP Dye, Procainamide, Aspartame, Valium/Demoral Combination f/Sedation

Also use, or take, on an occasional basis:

* Derma-Smoothe/FS Scalp Oil (for scalp psorosis)
    * Olux Foam, 0.05% (stronger) (for scalp psorosis)
    * Luxiq Foam, 0.12% (weaker) (for scalp psorosis)
    * Advair Diskus 250/50 (for event-induced asthma)

Chocolat, I have soooo many back problems, as well as so much pain from osteoarthritis in my knee, hips, and everywhere else, that if it would give me any relief from all the back and arthritis pain, maybe it would help my fibro pain, too!!!

I would be willing to give it a try if it wouldn't interact with my daily meds.

I have read your post on it as well as all of the replies to your post. I am very impressed with what you and everyone else has to say about this product!

2painful4words (Patti) - I hope you enjoyed the recipes of mine that you fixed for Thanksgiving! I used to cook all of the time and my family does like my cooking! I am always sooo pleased when we eat out and they all tell me that they rather eat a home because my food was better!! However, it's just getting tougher and tougher to be able to cook anymore. In fact, I do very little cooking, and my husband is always complaining about it, too! I have taught my eldest daughter to cook, following my recipes and how I do everything in the kitchen!

Thanks for your prayers ... I really need them. I just don't know what my next step is going to be if I don't get to feeling better soon. I have a lot of major health problems and the rib pain is in my back right where my lungs are. So I hope it's nothing lung or heart related. Lupus attacks so many of your major organs. And ... then I'm going through a major flare of the lupus and fibro -- the fatigue is just unbearable and my muscle pain is bad--combined with my bone pain in my legs is going to put me back in my wheelchair soon!!!

I have to snap out of this depression, too, so I can get into the Christmas spirit and begin wrapping my gifts, etc.!

I apologize for sounding so down and complaining about MY problems when so many more people here have the same problems and maybe more.

Thanks for caring and thinking of me; you are a good friend!

Much love,
    Janet
  17. jake123

jake123 New Member

Janet, I hope your weekend turns out to be a happy one and that you are not exhausted. I've almost got my nerve up to ride one at Target. I just can't walk everywhere I want to shop. Anyway, hugs and smacky little kisses going out to you!! from Lynda Oldham, Fort Worth, Texas,
  18. jake123

jake123 New Member

Janet, I hope your weekend turns out to be a happy one and that you are not exhausted. I've almost got my nerve up to ride one at Target. I just can't walk everywhere I want to shop. Anyway, hugs and smacky little kisses going out to you!! from Lynda Oldham, Fort Worth, Texas,
  19. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

And just am wondering......

Do we fit a particularly personality trait......wanting to please everyone.....leave no one behind.....do for others....

My son is in Iraq. I had made the decision based first on the fact that Mike is in Iraq that I would not "deck the halls" this year. It just did not seem like the right thing to do. So there will be no Christmas tree or decorations.

Every year my sister and I swap back and forth hosting Christmas and Thanksgiving for family holidays. She had Thanksgiving this year.

So we have a very large gathering coming to our house Christmas.

Two weeks ago, my husband had a serious accident falling off a ladder onto pavement sparsley covered with gravel and broken shells. He landed on his head, his feet were at 7 1/2 feet so EMS estimated his head travled 13ft.

He had 42 stitches on the left side of his face. The remainder was abraded and could not be sewn.

Today, he had surgery to repair a right inguinal hernia.

I have been nursing a bicipital tendinitis and am in physical therapy for that and plantar fasciitis with heel spurs. (You guys know the rest of the story, (FMS, MPS, IBS, ETC)

I have one son in the area. The minimum here will be fourteen people.

Because my arm, right, cannot be moved too far away from my body, dusting, vacuuming, washing windows....everything it difficult.

No one else can step up to the plate and HOST Christmas. (Well a few could but don't.)

My sister said, "So what do YOU want to do, cancel Christmas???" (here comes the guilt)

I answered NO.

And between now and Christmas, my husband and I are traveling to Ohio to visit grandchildren.......

Do we all do this.....??? do we have an inability to say no......do we all aim to please............. Does this behavior GET us into more trouble......OK OF COURSE it gets us into more trouble......BUT.....could it be MORE than that???????????????????

Fondly, June

20. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hello Janet!

It is so GOOD to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that your family was there to help and support you through this large family gathering.

Your biography indicates that you and I share many of the same medical problems and take many of the same meds. This is why I thought I'd mention something that had happened to me a while back.

I was prescribed Lipitor and took it (uneventfully) for several years before my pain levels climbed into the 8 or 9 range. Every joint and muscle seemed to ache with a fierceness I'd never experienced before. Though I'd read about some folks having trouble with Lipitor, it didn't register since I'd been taking this pill for so long.

One day, I mentioned it to my GP who felt it was unlikely that Lipitor was responsible for the increased pain. We ended our conversation with the doctor suggesting I go off Lipitor for three weeks to see if I felt better, then to see him again. After a week, my body pain levels dropped significantly and three weeks later my doctor was finally convinced that Lipitor was causing the problem.

The next dilemma was that I really need to be on a cholesterol-lowering drug since I'd inherited a gene from my mother than heavily increased "bad cholesterol" (LDL) levels.

It took a lot of experimenting (and blood tests) for us to find an anti-cholesterol drug that didn't cause this flare in body pain but still was effective in knocking down the "bad cholesterol". TriCor does seem to be working for me.

I mention all this because so much of what you said at the beginning of your post reminds me of how I felt back when I was on Lipitor and my pain levels got so much worse.

When we have a lot of medical problems it is difficult to sort out exactly what is really causing pain to increase. What I noticed with Lipitor was that everything wrong with me seemed to hurt SO much more than it had before.

If you haven't done so before, you might want to ask your doctor if you can try a several week "Lipitor moratorium" like I did, just to make sure it isn't causing your pain to be much worse.

Wishing you the best in dealing with your pain and sending lots of healing prayers and hugs your way.

Janice