Haven't heard from my ssd appeal

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Nov 7, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Is that odd? Does it take long? I guess it has been a month and a half or more. I know I will be turned down. FMS is my main ailment and it seems you need more to get SSD. I plan on getting a lawyer if I am. Does that help a great deal getting a lawyer? Thanks for your input.

Donna
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i tried to look up on your bio to get an idea of what all may be wrong with you besides the fms and look at your age, not to be nosey but just to see at the possiblities of getting you pointed in the right direction.

i had won a closed ssdi case in 7/04. all benefits ended on 9/04. then i refiled this feb/05. and i have recently won my case on a monthly basis now finally....

i had to do battle it seemed. i did get an attorney the first time on the closed case. and finally won, but judge basically felt i had gotten better for some reason, the attorney told me he thought that much of my problems were based on me going througha divorce....

read my bio have a nice list of other things going on besides fms and all the nicities that go with fms...

but i did win this time on the first try. didn't have to appeal in the reconsideration stage. i am not rubbing this in your nose or face...just saying hang in there and don't back down....

you should be hearing from them anytime now i would think.. you can call the 1800# and check in, you can call your congressman's office to have them helpcheck into this to shorten the time of waiting.....that had helped me this time.

if i had done this last time and knew i could it would have helped alot....they can't get the decision ruled in your favor but get the paper off the desks and moving...

are you in the reconsideration stage or hearing?

if you have any new evidence forward it to ssa office that may help....

make those phone calls to get the process going faster,not so much ssa but the congressman's office. tell them your situation and if you have any hardships, fib a little like you youdoln't know how you are going to be able to make next months rent... i did that and well i was about a month off from not knowing how was going to pay rent or what.

donna i know this is so frustrating to say the least but you will prevail it is just a matter of time...

oh yeah i think you can call the dss the people that did your medical exam if you had one and they can tell you what number to call to see what the status is...

hang in there and i'm pulling for you

jodie
  3. DVoit

DVoit New Member

for your help. I really needed the advice.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i forgot to mention last night to check out disabilitysecrets.com...great advice..

also a couple of post here from bluerose and nother one i can't remember....

just maymake your mind at ease for a bit.

i know first hand how darn frustarating it is until you finally get the word then then check.

jodie