Haven't slept a wink all night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I am having major problems sleeping lately. I know it's due to stress because I'm having a lot of personal problems right now.

1st. I'm all worried about my colonoscopy and what they may find. I've read all your posts with the grat explainations, advise and support and I have researched everything I can lay my hands on, but I still am scared. My Mom was the Queen of Worry and I take after her in that way.

2nd. I lost my Dad in 2001 and my Mom just this last Feb and I am having a very hard time coping with that. And then to top it off I have a crazy, bi-polar, psycotic, evil and anything else you can think of in this catagory sister. There are 5 living children, older brother and sister and younger brother and sister and the oldest sister is the NUT. My Dad was very careful with money and made sure his family was taken care of when he died. Now that Mom has gone to heaven my oldest brother, (we are very close), is the trustee of the estate and 4 of us don't argue or anything but the 1 sister is a #@$$%.

She muched off my parents all her life and now she is stirring up trouble over every little thing. Her and I have never gotten along and she has alinated herself from all my siblings. It's a "control" issue with her. She will keep causing trouble as long as she can because that is the way she is. She has 2 dgts that are just as bad as her. I honestly can't say why she is different than the rest of us but it's like she belongs to some other family. My folks raised us to be giving, caring and sharing humans but she is just the opposite.

Anyway, she started stirring up more trouble today and I'm already stressed from worrying about the colonoscopoy plus my daughter's ex is stirring up trouble and hasn't paid any child support in 6 months so my dgt and her husband are struggling to make ends meet and the weather has gotten so cold the last 3 days and I'm in a major flare-up and I sure didn't need her to start in again.

So I have not slept a wink tonight and have slept very little the last 3 nights so I'm really hurting and on edge right now and I guess I just needed to vent.

Thanks for letting me vent,
    Grandma6
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I hear you about the sleep problem due to stress. I go through that every now and then when I am particularly stressed

I try to do a crossword puzzle in bed at night, because it taxes my brain and makes it tired, so that my brain doesn't "race" all night, prohibiting me from sleeping> It works! But not ALL the time

I also take Klonopin as needed when I am particularly stressed at night - that is my main reason for not sleeping

Most of the time the Klonopin works, but not always

Try to watch a funny movie at bedtime, or read a light book

Try a cup of warm milk or chamomille tea

I know, sometimes nothing seems to work, I know because I have tried them all!