Having a difficult time-please help me with your prayers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntyemnga, Dec 7, 2005.

1. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

All,

I am a 2 time breast cancer survivor. Last Thursday I was having shooting pain in my breast and I felt a lump. Well, as any cancer survivor knows, these type of things will get the adrenaline running.

I'm scheduled for a mammogram and ultrasound next Tuesday at 1:00pm. I am now home from work on disability due to CFS/FM. I would appreciate all of the prayers that you have time to send me!

Thanks for listening,
    Sheila
  2. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

Sheila,

I've never had breast cancer myself, nor have I known anyone very close to me who has had it, but I imagine you must have incredible strength to have made it through twice. I am sure you must be incredibly discouraged having to deal with it yet again, but you are already a SURVIVOR and I know you will make it through again.

I have found that there is always someone here to listen.

Hang tough!
    Angie
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I am praying for God's strength for you and for
    His hand on you to not worry. I can only imagine how
    you must feel. Sending you big hugs, too.
    Love, Nanna
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm so sorry you have this stress. I hope that is all it is. Rest assured that I will keep you in my prayers. You are not alone. You have us here.
    Big hugs,
    Terry
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for your needs, for God's help for you in this
    time!

Many blessings
    Judy
  6. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

I am so sorry you have already made it through breast cancer twice already! You must be one tough woman!

Please put all your worries right into Gods' hands and he will "hold" them for you. In the meantime, you rest all that you can and try as hard as it may, to keep your spirits positive.

Please keep us posted!

Hugs,
    Sunshine8957 (Eve)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]
  7. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

All,

Thank you so much! I've only told 1 other person, a co-worker, what I'm up against so I thought tonight I would put out my request. I don't want to tell any family yet, just in case it turns out ok.

I great big heartfelt thank you goes out to all of you. Now, hopefully I can get some sleep.

Sheila
  8. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

Im so sorry this has happened. Im praying for a better recovery for you, and that you will be ok.

love onnaroll
  9. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I am praying for you! God bless, Julie
  10. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I'm so sorry! Good Lord you've been through a lot. Saying a prayer for you right now!

Sending Hugs!!
    K.
  11. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I am a church goer and I will be saying a prayer for you on Sunday of this week, then again on Xmas eve...I do promise you that...and will be praying for all the breast cancer patients...that there will be hope and a cure quickly for this dreadful dreadful disease....I will pray for you Sheila, I Don't know you, but you are here with me on this message board therefore I feel I do know you...may god be with you....
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

I cannot imagine the stress that you are under right now. I will pray for you and hope that all is okay.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  13. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

IM SO SORRY YOU ARE GOING THRU THIS I KNOW IT WILL TURN OUT GOOD BECAUSE YOU ARE IN TUNE WITH YOUR BODY. IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOUVE BEEN SO KIND TO ME HERE .

I WISH I COULD TAKE AWAY YOUR FEARS TILL TUESDAY .CANT YOU I
    INSIST YOU GET IN EARLIER.THATS CRUEL TO MAKE YOU WAIT.

ILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. LOVE GAIL
  14. gumama

gumama New Member

Hi

I don't post often, but read almost everyday... I am a Breast Cancer Survivor as well... may these suggestions bring you some peace...

I don't know your circumstances, but I had a lumpectomy is the pain and lump your feeling in the same breast you had the cancer before.????.. remember too that sharp pain usually DOESN'T go with the breast cancer.. and the lump may just be scar tissue.....

Please know that my prayers are with you.. may the Lord give you peace in this situation...

God Bless you

Sandy in Calif.
  15. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I can't begin to express how I'm feeling right now. All of you have made me feel so warm inside knowing there are people out there who care. Even though we've never met or chatted on the boards before (except for a few), it's wonderful to know there are caring people in this world.

All of us know about pain & suffering and I want to thank all of you for brightening my day. As of tomorrow (Friday), I will be on short term disability. I have become totally exhausted and I think it came when I finally had a diagnosis of CFS & FM and have a doctor who is willing to help me. It was such a relief that my body decided it was time to finally rest.

I couldn't get an earlier appointment. The mammography department was moving into the new wing of our hospital. The next 4 1/2 days will go by quickly (I hope). Since they've scheduled both the mammogram & ultrasound I hope I get an answer before I leave. With my history the previous radiologist would take me to the back and show me the scans herself. We have a new radiologist & I don't know how personal she gets. I've been talking every day with my dad who passed away in Aug 04 (of course it's been a 1 way conversation. That's ok cause I know he's listening to every word.)

To Sandy in Calif: I had a left mastectomy in 1989 and my 2nd occurence was on the same side. I had a biopsy in Jan 91 on my right breast and yes, I am hoping the pain & lump could be scar tissue (pray-pray). I just hate it came at this time because I had decided to focus all of my energy to getting better now that I finally had a diagnosis of CFS & FM.

I will definitely update the board once I know something.

Once again - thank you, thank you!!

Love & Hugs,
    Sheila
  16. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Consider my prayer sent. Also I agree with gumama(Sandy) as I am a medical transcriber for Radiology and many many times it turns out to be scar tissue. Hang in there !!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2005]
  17. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I've had breast cancer twice. The last time I had a double mastectomy with tram flap and implants. I am a survivor and you will be too. My Mom is going through her 3rd bout with breast cancer now. She is going through her second round of radiation. My heart goes out to you. I understand how hard it is to wait. Please know that I will be praying for you and if I can be of any help please let me know.
  18. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I can relate....in a way. My mom had breast cancer. She went through a lot...but was a survivor for a year before she died of heart failure. But, was doing so well from the surgery... and she was 76 years.

My doc told me that I have the gene for it... so I am checked regularly.

Will be praying for you!! God hears and knows where you are at this very moment. He is always there! Try to think positive. I know that it is difficult. But, I will pray for you to have a sense of peace over it!
    I am certain that you are in good hands since you have been through this before....and they will take care of it right away!

I hope that I have been of encouragement!

With Love....MamaR
  19. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

All,

I appreciate all of your words of encouragement during these past few days. I wish I could explain how much they mean to me.

Thank you so much,
    Sheila
  20. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I am sending you strength and love. Marie

[ advertisement ]