Having a hard day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredTina, Feb 5, 2003.

1. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Hi everyone! I'm just having one of those days today, and need to vent a bit and maybe hear from people who can relate. Both of my kids have been really sick for 4 wks. now, and I'm really exhausted. They're taking turns not sleeping at night, so I'm up half the night. I don't sleep very well to begin with, so it's twice as hard on my body. Everything is one big flare! And now I think I might be catching what they have!:( If I get it, I'm just going to scream!!! This DD just keeps knocking me down, and interfering with everything! I don't have any friends or family close by to rely on for help taking care of the kids. So, I'm trying to hang in there....thanks for letting me talk a bit. Hope everybody is having a good day!:)
    God Bless,
    ~Tina~
  2. PAT

PAT New Member

It is so hard to deal with this DD even without having to take care of others. I have 5 kids and of all the stresses in life, I think there is just nothing worse than having sick kids and being up at night.
    If it is at all possible, lay down during the day. Believe me, I know it's easier said than done!!
    Don't push yourself.
    Sometime in the near future, you need to get out and find some friends! It is so much easier to deal with this DD if you have some support. I wish I knew just what to say to make you feel better. I have been there so many times. If your kids don't get better soon, maybe they need to get checked out. Patti G
  3. dreamworld

dreamworld New Member

can someone tell me what DD stands for?
  4. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Thanks for the encouragement. My kids are 3 1/2 and 11 mos. My oldest(Briauna) has a really bad virus with a few complications due to fever. She gets seizures with her fevers, so it's a lot of work to keep them down, as well as her!! My son(Lucas) has a compromised immune system and is goes to UCLA, but has developed sudamonis and has had it since Dec. He's been a medical nightmare, had intesinal surgery,has major bowel problems, severe reflux,and the immune system thing, causing him to have been sick almost his entire life!! My needs are always on the back burner, I try to rest whenever possible, but someone always interferes. That's it in a nut shell. Thanks though, it's nice to hear from you:). I appreciate it so much!
  5. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

It stands for Darned Disease!! Which is exactly what it is. there's a list of abbreviations on the top right corner of this site called "new to boards"...check it out!!:) Take care ~Tina~
  6. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Hi there! Thanks for the note of encouragement. I do have friends, I just don't have any with health problems... especially fibro. That's why I vented here. My friends are close by, but no one is able to help me out due to their own schedules or issues in their own lives. I wish I could find someone close by with fibro!!! Thanks again, take care! ~Tina~