having a hard time accepting a Sydrome can make you feel so bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Oct 27, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

There has to be more to it. I read and read and read. I have tried Cytomel...Guaifenesin, Magnesium. My doc is at the point of shrugging shoulders and saying "hum". I am taking zoloft, but am still depressed. I take Oxy but I still hurt. I have bouts of nausea, voniting, diareah with no cause or explanation. I have been mri'd, x ray'd and bone scaned head to toe. NOTHING
    There has to be something, somewhere. I truely feel like what I imagine a person with cancer would feel like. I wonder if they have missed something. I have been to an Ortho, 2 rhumys and now a GP. I have tried chiropratic who said I was a train wreck...I couldn't walk 3 days after.
    I know I am not the only one....please help??
    What makes it worse is that I read all this info...and 10 mins later I forget it. I have so many notes and web sites bookmarked...
    Getting dizzy, don't know which way to turn
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

There has to be more to it. I read and read and read. I have tried Cytomel...Guaifenesin, Magnesium. My doc is at the point of shrugging shoulders and saying "hum". I am taking zoloft, but am still depressed. I take Oxy but I still hurt. I have bouts of nausea, voniting, diareah with no cause or explanation. I have been mri'd, x ray'd and bone scaned head to toe. NOTHING
    There has to be something, somewhere. I truely feel like what I imagine a person with cancer would feel like. I wonder if they have missed something. I have been to an Ortho, 2 rhumys and now a GP. I have tried chiropratic who said I was a train wreck...I couldn't walk 3 days after.
    I know I am not the only one....please help??
    What makes it worse is that I read all this info...and 10 mins later I forget it. I have so many notes and web sites bookmarked...
    Getting dizzy, don't know which way to turn
    Achy
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I have had a hard time believing someone can feel this bad and not be dying....But I have thought that for along time...and I am still alive.....

I have seen many die of cancer...and they suffer no more than we do...The difference is...they have support, validation, medication, medical assistance and are surounded by love ones...AND it eventually ends.

I hope all of the above for everyone...please take care...I do understand those feelings......Peace DJ

4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I have thought the same thing so many times. I don`t think my pain could possibly be any worse, its horrible. I watched my father die of colon cancer 2 years ago and I can honestly say, I don`t think he had any more pain then we do. If fact, at the end, he wasn`t in much pain with the morphine, they made him very comfortable.
    How do we do it??? Unbelievable what we all go through.
  5. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

Hope you get to feeling better. I sometimes can not even remember what I am talking about. Fibro Fog Oh Fibro Fog.
    Hugs,
    Ann
  6. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I know what you mean. It can be so discouraging at times. I have been ill for over 20 yrs (diagnosed for 14). I thought I was going crazy, it was in my head, etc. I have tried herbs, vitamins, diets, physical therapy, massage, exercis, chiropractors, and of course medicine. I now lean on deep tissue massages, medicine, and I am about to start Pilates (a yoga based, stretching form of exercise). I rest as much as I can (even though I am now working again).
    You have to figure out what you are doing that causes more pain (flare-ups). Please don't take that wrong...I know this damn disease is not our fault. But I have realized that I can no longer shop for hours. I can't lift small children, or anything over 5 lbs. and sometimes that even hurts. I can't celan the house all in one day. Do you see what I mean?? You have find a way to take care of yourself...to minimize the flare-ups. I have also learned to say "NO" a lot..."No, I cannot work on that committee at church", "No I cannot babysit your children"
    This was a biggie for me!
    And this support group is a great way to cope. So come often. If you would like to email me and cry on my shoulder, or vent, just let me know and I will give you my addy. Just take care of YOU!
    hugs,
    Duff
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

but it's something you have to do, and the sooner the better. Not accepting it is not going to make it go away. Accept it, and then do what you can to make things better for yourself. i was at the bottom of the barrel for about 2 years, now I'm feeling absolutely fantabulous! Just because you feel crappy now, doesn't mean it's always going to be that way. Positive "thinking" and "doing" will help you feel better, and perhaps even recover, like I did!

dojomo - I have to disagree with you when you say you've seen people die from cancer and they suffer no more than we do. There is no comparison between having FM and dieing of cancer. We are not dieing. Dieing is totally different than suffering from what we do. I've watched a few people die from cancer, and it's absolutely horrible. There is no FM case in this world that would compare to dieing of cancer.

Marilyn :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  8. lucky

lucky New Member

Your story sounds so very familiar. Having been ill for 15 yrs., I have been through everything you can imagine re tests, x-rays, scans, etc. - with no results.
    However, I started to pick up after I stopped taking Zoloft and with a different SSRI the coping with this illness has become a lot easier.
    I am sure when you do a little research on SSRI's, you will be able to suggest to your doctor that you would like to try a different med.
    I wish you all the best, Lucky