Having a hard time getting any support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SOBERSUPPLE, Feb 22, 2009.

SOBERSUPPLE New Member

I was diagnosed about a year ago with FM. I tried cymbalta and got deathly sick. I refuse to try Lyrica because I am 21 yrs sober and I have talked with several people who had sudden memory loss. That med scares me. I live in Barberton, Ohio but I cant seem to find a chat room or a support group. I feel like I am in the "crisis" spot again and I dont know what to do . Any ideas?I take vicodin as needed and that is all.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Welcome to the board.

Are you in crsis with your FM? Do you have any family?
    There is great info here and support.

Congrats on your soberity. Thats awesome and hard work.

Let us know how you are and how we can help.

warm hugs
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

You have found a good home. Lots of caring and intelligent people are here to help you cope. Welcome.

SOBERSUPPLE New Member

Thank you for replying. I am having pain and I am unable to sleep also. I am just so frustrated. My General dr. Thinks I have a sleep disorder even though I have had 2 sleep studies that show I just never go into deep sleep and I am awake often. I have been told there is no hope for this getting better. I feel like I am trapped in a body of a senior citizen. I have young children and I can never tell when I am going to feel bad or how long it is going to last. I havent found wnyone that has this and I have been unable to get a dr. to give me any answers. I am just frustrated. Thank you for replying it made my evening

SOBERSUPPLE New Member

Thank you for replying. I think I am going into "crisis stage ". My Dr. said it could come several times a year. I have gotten very little information from my Dr. I am not sure what to try or how to help make it better. I hurt and I cant sleep and when I do sleep I cant sleep well or long. I do have a family a hisband and 3 children. They are wonderful. I am very blessed to havae the sobriety that I do. I feel as though I cant do what I need to do for my family.
    I guess I would just like some input on how others handle and feel and just conversation...I feel alone in this and I know God wouldnt do that to me
    Thank you for replying it brightened my day
  6. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

I found this link to support groups the other day. Just plug in ur info and off u go. I found 2 groups close to me that i am thinking of checking out. It would be nice to talk to other's in our situation face to face. http://www.prohealth.com/supportgroups/index.cfm

Hope it helps :)
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

just wanted to tell you welcome and that you are not alone....there are some great, supportive people on here who understand what it's like to have this evil illness....also congrats on your sobriety....I know that's quite an accomplishment
  8. megamama

megamama New Member

Have you been to a FM support group? also, I go to a chiropractor in Wadsworth and he holds FM lectures, using a drug free approach. The one he had a buehlers sold out twice. I went to him for arthritis and he has helped me a lot. Just a thought.