HAVING A HARD TIME WITH FINDING MY WORDS TODAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Sep 19, 2003.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

HI EVERYONE, YESTERDAY IT WAS ONE THING TODAY IT IS ANOTHER, ALWAYS SOMETHING. I DO GET A BREAK IN BETWEEN SOMETMES SO I TRY TO DO EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY CAN TO CATCH UP. YESTERDAY I COULD HARDLY MAKE IT TO GET MY VITIMIN B12 INJECTION, IT WAS HORRIBLE, IT TOOK ALL MY ENERGY TO GET WASHED AND DRESSED. IT WAS ACTUALLY PITYFULL. NOW I WILL BE RECIEVING IT EVERY 2WEEKS, INSTEAD OF ONCE A MONTH. AS FOR TODAY, I CAN NOT SEEM TO PUT MY WORDS IN ORDER TO MAKE A SENTENCE, I HAD TO CALL ONE DOCTOR TO TELL HIM TO FAX BLOOD WORK TO ANOTHER, AND I COULD NOT DO IT. IT WAS TO HARD TO GET IT OUT. HOWEVER I COULD TYPE PERFECTLY. I AM STUTTERING SO BAD, I WON;T ANSWER MY PHONE TODAY. I ONCE WENT TO THE DOCTOR, BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A STROKE BUT HE SAID NO, IT WAS A SYMTOM OF FIBRO, PART OF FIBRO FATIGUE. I FEEL LIKE A CRAZY PERSON WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I WILL NOT TALK UNTIL I THINK IT IS OVER. ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT I SHOULD DO, DOES IT MEAN TO REST MORE, OR SHOULD I TRY TO SLEEP, I KNOW IT WILL PASS, BUT THIS IS LIKE MENTAL CRUELITY, PHYSICAL PAIN IS ONE THING, BUT THIS IS JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE. I AM SO DEPRESSED WHEN I GET THIS. MY FAMILY DOESN'T BAT AN EYELASH, IT DOESN'T BOTHER THEM AT ALL, THEY DO NOT EVEN SAY A WORD. IS IT STRESS OR WHAT?
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Gee, Sharon, you are having a tough time right now. It has bee my experience that when this happens to me it is triggered by stress and a need for more rest. Sometines a little caffeine, like a small glass of diet Coke, or some such thing, will help, and I can think. Patience, rest and reduction of stress have helped me the most. You might want to sleep , or something , But whtever you do, do it without guilt. Guilt is a great stress-causer. Good luck., hugs. Terry
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

This started for me several years ago. I never noticed it until one winter (the last spent with my ex-husband) when there was an increased amount of stress. People kept correcting me, saying I had used the wrong word for something. I didn't believe them at first, I swore I had not made the mistake. But I finally had to accept it and it really scared me. Later, the problem finding the word I wanted started, as well as getting stuck in the middle of a sentence.

By that time my father had died of Pick's disease, which manifested itself in his increasing inability to complete a sentence, and my mother had Alzheimer's, both of which are hereditary. It wasn't until I found this board that I learned that these are FM symptoms as well - what a relief!
    I also cannot start speaking instantly when someone asks me a question. It's sort of like I have to break through some barrier first, or stop to open a gate.

This is one of the main reasons, as well as the fatigue, that I can no longer work. I was always a receptionist or secretary, dealing with phone calls.

The problem no longer seems linked to stress. It's all the time.

JoAnn
  4. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I know what you mean. It's been exceptionally bad
    for me today. However, I know it is being triggerd by a very rough, stressful week at work.
  5. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

That seems to be the way my fibro fog manifests itself most of the time. I can never think of the word i want to use, and i end up sounding stupid. I'm trying to explain something important to my supervisor, and i can't think of the right words, and i stutter terribly. It makes me wonder what people really think. i find it's the worst when i'm tired and not well rested. i've found nothing to help it. seems like it's always a problem. i hope you can rest up and maybe find some relief.
    fullarmor
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Sharon, we've all been there at one time or another, believe me. I'll never forget the morning I told my kids to "put some bread in the trailer and make some toast". What funny looks I got! And just yesterday, my 15 year old daughter and I were talking about what snacks to buy at the grocery, and I said, "would you like me to get some of those Hot Topics?" and she just burst out laughing and I had no idea why. Well I was meaning to say Hot Pockets, but I must of confused it with Hot Topic (the clothes store). I also stutter at times, when I am really exhausted.

You're not alone.

Peace and good wishes,
    Michelle
  7. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

AT LEAST I HAD A GOOD LAUGH WHEN I READ YOUR LITTLE MESSAGE. I HATE THIS, I HAVE KEPT QUIET MOST OF THE DAY. AT THE DINNER TABLE TONIGHT, MY HUSBAND STARTED TALKING, AND HE WAS WAITING FOR AN ANSWER, AND I SAID, "CAN'T TALK" I FEEL STUPID, USUALLY I AM A TALKER. MAYBE HE IS HAPPY HE IS GETTING A REST FROM MY TALKING. I PHONED MY DOCTOR, SHE LEFT A MESSAGE ON MY PHONE SAYING NOT TO PANIC, TRY TO RELAX. AND IT WILL PASS. IF I WORRY TO MUCH IT WILL LONGER. I FIND THIS SYMTOM ONE OF THE HARDEST TO GO THROUGH. REALLY THEY ARE ALL BAD. BUT THIS I WON;T EVEN ANSWER MY PHONE. IT IS REALLY BAD, WORSE THAN THE LAST TIME. I ONLY HOPE IT PASSES SOON, I AM REALLY UPSET. WHAT A TERRIBLE THING WE HAVE, IF IT IS NOT ONE THING IT IS ANOTHER. SHARON5650