Having a hard time

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by readalot, Oct 30, 2004.

1. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I just heard from SSA. My claim has been denied. I am having a hard time dealing with it. It is commomn for that to happen. So I have a battle ahead now. I need prayer to know what to do next. I am planning to appeal. I don't want a long drawn out process.

Thanks

readalot
  2. ginn266

ginn266 New Member

Hi readalot,

Just some advice, trying using a company called Allsup. You can find them online using a search engine. They have a great reputation and have a 90 or 95 percent success rate. I still am working a little and went into looking about it I ever need it.

Keep trying and I hope this helps.

My prayers and thouts are with you.
    Gin
  3. Lupian

Lupian New Member

My SSI was denied twice - the first timeI was so hopeless and depressed that when the dinal came I did nothing. Applied two years later and when denied I retained an attorney with a good reputation in this are. He had it for me withoin three months and I did not even have to attend a hearing. The turn-down is sickening to the spirit, I know, but don't let it immobilize you. The other resource menitoned may well be a good one - I am not familiar with them. Just don't give up, and know that many of us have been there and came out the other side into sunshine.
    Best wishes
  4. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

and hope that things will soon sort out for you. I have been turned down for our UK equivalent funding and it hurts a lot when you feel you have a good enough case to warrant the help.

I will continue to remember you in my prayers and hope that some kind of appeal will bring better news.

Take care
    Music Teacher (UK)
  5. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

I had a terrible time getting mine. just don't give up.

I didn't and i finally got it. Do you have something called legal aide where you live. They help you and they don't take any of your money.

Also it is VERY VERY important to keep all papers from your illness if you need a cane to assist you get ascript from your doc the judge looks at all that.

when they send you papers to fill out/ tell every little detail of your disablity. i had help filling mine out the last time and I got it.

i am still praying for you. I have been there i know how frustrating it is,

i have been taking care of my grandson he is sick so i have not been around much but i still pray for you.
    kathyre
  6. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

I recently was denied also. It is frustrating because actually we would just perfer to be healed. Unfortunately, even through prayer, it seems my condition has declined since initial application was sent 3+ months. And, of course, they seem to send you overwhelming documentation requests if you want to pursue your case. I appreciate the advice that our fellow posters are offering along with their prayers. I am praying that you, Readalot, are able to have peace with this situation, obtain wisdom and that you will receive the needed favorable decision/benefits.
  7. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I am still having a hard time. I am doing better. I have been talking to some people here. I still need to talk to my friend. He wasn't home yesterday eve. I will try later. There is someone who said that she will help me. I will appeal, and consult a lawyer. It isn't going to be easy on me. I hope for more support, and understanding where I live. I am glad you understand and know what it is like. There are people here who think that I just don't want to work. That really hurts. They don't really know me, and what I have been through. Phewy on them!

There are some medical records that SSA didn't request for. I feel that they are important. They are older, but still need them to see them. I have to get them on my own. I found the imformation to contact them. No moves until I talk to a lawyer.

Thanks for your replys, and prayers.

May God bless you all, and keep you each day.

readalot
  8. PoorPatty

PoorPatty New Member

I am new here but met an old friend of your's from here...she said to look for her at the Annie Kidwell site in the guestbook, if you want to contact her...and she is praying for you.

Patty
  9. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, and message. That has helped. I checked and found her. Also, welcome to the board.

I am still having a hard time. I hope to get things moving on my appeal soon.

May God bless you and keep you each day.

readalot
  10. PoorPatty

PoorPatty New Member

post alot, but do pray as I read and get to know all here. New and just scouting out the boards.

Glad you found her and know she will be glad to hear from you...know she prays for all here in general, all the time.

Sure hope things get better for you!

Patty
  11. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I "Pray" that this will go smoother for you as time goes on...I have been there and it drove me half crazy...
    You have to think positive, and be armed with all you got...

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION: But I would get a lawyer - I did after my first denial, and even though the wait was long, it was the lawyer that had to deal with mostly everything...I had a lawyer that specialized in SS, and was very greatful for her, I didn't care that I had to give so much of my back pay to her - TO ME, IT WAS WORTH THE HASSLE........

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...Keep your "chin up" as they say, there are very few who do not get denied the first time around.......And a lawyer will even tell you that...
    Take Care.....God Bless.....Love, Donna
  12. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

can you go back and read this post and go to the same place readalot went to to find your friend and mine
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sometimes there is little we can do about the process' being long and drawn out, but it is worth it to stay the course. Get your atty. to file an appeal and wait for the hearing. A good atty. should help you to get your medical records and other documents in order so you will win the appeal.

My prayers are with you for success. Just stay the course and have faith. The worst part of applying for SSD is already done. Don't give up now.

Love, Mikie
  14. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

Please help Readalot with her discouragement. Give her the wisdom and discernment that she needs concerning her SS claim. Let her appeal be favorably received.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  15. readalot

readalot New Member

I haven't been on for awhile. I am planning to appeal. There is a lady who will help me with the appeal. I am also planning to get an lawyer. There are a couple SS lawyers. The lady has been away for two weeks because of surgery. I hope she is back next week. I still feel depressed about going through the process. But I have to do it. I am not getting better, and by time I get it I may be a in worse shape. I don't want to start over then.

It has slowed down at work. I am working 5 hours a day 3 days a week. At least I wasn't one of them who got laid off. I hope they found another job.

Just an update. Take care, and may God bless you and keep you each day.

readalot
  16. LindaH

LindaH New Member

For you in all ways. Stay strong and keep your faith. May God richly bless you.

Linda