Having a LOT of Weakness!! Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Seems like the last few days I have no strength at all.

My legs are so weak it is a struggle to do anything,my left leg seems to be the worse,if I am going to have problems thats the one that gets them.

They feel funny,numb&tingly at the same time ( weird huh?)

My whole body feels like silly putty,very weak & shaky.

Have any of you had this happen???

And how long did it last????

Dang it all errrrrrrr, spring is here, the sun is shining, and where am I???

In this dang apartment because I have'nt got the strength of a puppy to go out and enjoy it!!!!!

Dang!!!!! Dang!!!!! Dang!!!! IT!!!!!

I hope you are all having a *good* day!!!!:>)
    Hugz,
    Jordane
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2007]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sorry you are having more problems. It probably feels a bit scary. This can be a part of CFS but it could be other things. Have you changed any of your supplements? Are you doing any detoxing? Any diet changes? Any increased stress?Those are all things that might contribute, although you likely know that.

Since it could be something else, I would get it checked out to ease your mind. You need to be out there enjoying the lovely spring sunshine!

Cheers
    Kathy
  3. LeightonLAM

LeightonLAM New Member

That is so weird. I am having almost the exact symptoms. My leg weakness is so bad that I am in a wheelchair. So far my doctor can't find anything new wrong with me. So it looks like it is related to my fibro.

Good luck and I hope you get some energy and strength soon.
  4. jole

jole Member

I was like this for approximately 1 1/2 years. It was so bad the only way I could walk was to hang onto everything in sight--walls, furniture, etc. I was working full time at the time, and the fatigue was unbelievable. My hands would shake constantly, and the muscle spasms in my legs were unreal. Had to quit my job, and finally 6 months later it seemed to subside quite a bit for no reason. Still like that on "bad" days, but not every day.

That was the worst - I really hope it doesn't last long for you. I felt like a complete zombie, because my brain didn't function any better than my body at that time. Much better now, and no, I had no medicine or supplimental changes, so I know it is just part of the dd for some crazy reason unknown.

I wish you better days soon.
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

After a severe gastritis attack over Christmas, and couldn't eat hardly anything for months, I became like this.

So yesterday went to a place where they give "pushes" or IV's of vitamins & minerals. It helped alot. Used to get them every week way back in the 80's.

Think I have to start up again.

Healing light.................carole
  6. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Thanks for replying so quick!!

Kathy- Yes it seems like all I do on here is complain.And I am sorry if that is the case.I know I am not alone with this DD.,so I ask when I need advice.

No I havent done any detoxing or diet changes,havent been eating as much since the flu but enough that it shouldnt make me weak. The stress is a little higher right now, so that could be a factor.Never thought of that!!!
    Thanks!!!:>)

Leightonlam;- I am sorry you are in a wheelchair hun.Thanks for posting with suggestions. It is appreciated!!:>)

Jole;-This went on for you 2 1/2yrs.Oh Hun I hope it is not coming back!!! Thanks for your help!!!:>)

Noenergy1;- No I havent had a conductor test,EMG years ago.And yes it could be sress LOL not like any of us has anything to be stressed about!! Thanks!!:>)

Carolyeye;- Sounds like you had a rough go of it there Christmas time.Are you doing ok now? Thanks for the post!!!:>)

I am seeing my Dr.,next week so I will ask her about what it might be.Thanks for ALL your help!!!!

Hugzz, Jordane
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I did and it caused lots of damage that can not be fixed.

You need to see a neurologist and get an EMG .Than he/she will send you for an MRI.Thats what I had.

They found a couple of collapsed disk and DDD and my back is full of OA.But the worst are the cyst.

The worst is that they are TARLOV cyst.If they have not gone to long they can be removed BUT if they have gone to long and caused to much damage they can not be removed.

I will live with it forever.I have graduated from a cane to a walker.I asked my doctor whats next told me probably a wheel chair.

I am only 54 and never thought that the numbness and tingle was anything but FM.I was wrong.Now I am in for it my life is changing drastically.

Please get it checked better safe than sorry.

Hugs
    Sue PS my left leg was is still worst than my right.
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Sue,
    I am so so sorry that you have got to that stage!!!!The Dr.,said the wheelchair??for sure??

Yes my left leg is the one that shows off the most too!!

Thanks Hun, I will see my Dr.,next week I will ask her about this EMG.

I have Arthritis in my back,and that is what I assumed causes my legs to be paining.But this is different.:>(

I am 50 and I hope to someday be able to play with my grandbabies again.I miss it so much.They are only little once.:>(

Hun my prayers are with you!!! I pray the wheelchair is not your next step!!!!!

Hugzz,Jordane
  9. pika

pika New Member

i have periods of days with weakness and shaking. yesterday, even my tummy muscles were shaking! ack! i'm waiting for all my latest bloodwork results, but i'm guessing it's either anemia again or needing some B vitamins. took two B complex yesterday, ate more and a bit better today.

i'm sad reading about the progression of disease some of you are having. feeling very fortunate at the moment, and praying for all of you.
  10. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Pika,

I hope your bloodwork comes back soon so you can get started on meds.

Thanks so much for the prayers!!! They are appreciated hun!!

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  11. pika

pika New Member

you are very welcome for the prayers!

actually, i'm on several meds already from my PCP. he admits he doesn't know much about FM, but never suggested a rheumy. had a really bad day at his clinic when i had to see another doctor who fluffed me off and decided to find a rheumatologist. luckily, one had just joined a facility here and i got in right away. she's great and i am very happy that she takes this seriously. it is such a relief.

i've had FM for 30 years now, but only figured out myself what it was, about 10 years ago. for 27 of the 30, i've been hearing that "it's all in your head" and "you just need to exercise more!"

of course, i haven't had the same PCP for all those years. each that i had seemed to take a symptom seriously and treat me for that, so eventually i was already taking most of the drugs/types of drugs available then. i was actually overjoyed the first time my PCP admitted i "probably" have FM... just to be able to put a name to all of it.

now, since my visit with the rheumy and finding out about the Sjogren's has answered all the questions my dentists have grilled me with all those years! a bit late, i now have dentures, but know why i have so much trouble with the lower.

understanding... what a treasured relief!
  12. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Pika,
    That after going thru that for so long finally someone said *Yes* this IS what you have.

If only the Dix did not take so long coming. But I understand that the symptoms act like so many other sicknesses(wrd?),so it takes the Dr., or in a lot of cases the RIGHT dr., to Dix it.

To be believed; Understanding; and respect is all any of us ask for.

We may NOT look sick But we ARE!!!

You take care hun,
    Prayers, & hug,
    Jordane
  13. pika

pika New Member

thanks, jordane...and AMEN! (see me doing the happy dance? *smile*)

i think what used to make me most angry was being told there was nothing wrong with me, so i kept trying to believe that and pushing myself SO HARD to be "normal" in work and activities -- then ending up sicker and wiped out, to be told again "there's nothing wrong with you!"

in retrospect, i think one of the most valuable lessons i learned was to keep moving, even when it hurt like *&#$! when i did PT last year after the doctor finally ordered an x-ray of my neck and saw the disk damage, the therapist said that's why i still had the mobility that i do have. because i kept stretching.

she taught me a lot of coping strategies though, and how to relieve the myofacial knots in my neck and shoulders. that has meant way less horrific headaches. (grateful!)

i really appreciate the advances medical science has made so far! from back in the day when doctors stumbled in the dark with un-named diseases and syndromes -- to now! and i find myself thanking God a lot for the knowledge and wisdom He's given to so many people who really DO care and want to help others. (even those who just want to make big bucks -- their efforts do help us, too! he-he!)

you all are so GREAT here! i've really enjoyed this week off work and being able to log in here and catch up, get refreshed! thanks, y'all!
  14. boho

boho New Member

HI Jordane,sorry you are having a rough time, i too have been this way for weeks,sometimes you will get these flares and unfortunately they want to hang on,mine is doing just that at the moment.Maybe yours want last long,hope you feel better soon.love,ginger
  15. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Pika , must have hurt like the dickens hun. I guess what my mom always use to tell me is true in some cases,*No pain No gain*.

The stretching exercises they had you torture threw helped you keep mobile with the disk damage.I am so sorry you have this!!

Yes I thank God for all the help he has sent my way.Finding this site is one.Knowing there are other people I can come to with questions and doubts, that understand, is a great help.You do not feel so alone in it all.

It has been really nice to have you to chat with this week.:>)
    Take care at work if you can. Prayers for you!!:>)

Jordane
  16. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Ginger, that you are going thru a really bad flare up!!:>(
    I understand what a toll it takes on our bodys.It is emotionally draing also.

Mine has gone on a week now. I hope and pray hun, that yours soon settles down for you and you get some relief!!!

Take Care!!
    Hugz, Jordane