Having a Rough Day :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KJ2003, Sep 22, 2005.

1. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hi Everybody,

I haven't whined or vented in a while, so I figure it's my turn and I hope you don't mind.

I'm just having a very hard day today, to the point that I feel like crying. There is a place in my back, in the center half way between my neck and the middle of my back that is hurting and throbbing. Nothing is helping it today.

It's been hurting so bad that I can't be still. I have to keep moving around. Plus, I screwed up on the air TWICE in one hour. First, I didn't do a break and it went straight from music to commercials...a BIG no-no. Also, I opened the mic and said KOOL 94.1 and it is actually KOOL 95.1. Before that happened, I was sitting with my head in my hands just because this is wearing me out. But I can't believe the mistakes I am making.

I'm glad my boss didn't come in here and ask me what my problem was, which he has been known to do with others.

I've never had this part of my back mess up before and I think it's either one of my ruptured disks or one of the pinched nerves. I'm not sure what bone spurs can do.

I've taken Tramadol and Neurontin and it isn't touching the pain. As far as pain goes, that's all I can do. If those medications aren't helping, then it's something I'm just going to have to cope with until I can get some rest and hope it clears up. My doctor is out of the office until Monday.

I tried to get my husband to pop it out but that didn't help, either.

I've tried to stretch it out but it doesn't help.

Today, of All days, is going to be a long one. I started at 7AM and I have a remote from 4 - 6PM, which always take a lot of energy and enthusiasm. I can't wait to get home and get a heating pad on my back and just rest.

Thanks for letting me rant today, everybody. It's been a tough one.

Kim
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

you're having a rough day. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be "on air" with the stuff that comes out of my mouth sometimes.

Is it possible for you to apply some moist heat to your back? That usually helps lessen the pain.
  3. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Your job must be SO tough when you're not feeling well. I'm having a tough day too, but I'm just hiding in my cube, making it look like I'm being productive but just waiting to bolt out of here! (Don't tell on me!)

Hope you are feeling better soon...
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Both of you got the most difficult part of my job and it is conjuring up enthusiam when everything inside of me is exhausted or not feeling good.

Just imagine if you turned on the radio and the person you heard sounded tired or sad. It just can't happen so I have to be happy whether I 'feel' joy or not.

Most of the time, I do have a positive attitude and a go-get 'em spirit. I know the day will come when I won't be able to do this anymore so I try not to take it for granted because I know how fortunate I am to have a career that I love.

We're gearing up, at the station, for Hurricane Rita, which will effect us with high winds, heavy downpours of rain and possible tornadoes. We're a good 5 or 6 hours from Galveston but we are in the path of where it will be headed when it reaches landfall. Plus, we are gearing up towards more evacuees after the hurricane passes. This is unbelievable.

So, as it looks now, I'll be up here all weekend reporting live...and it's really the reason why radio is here to begin with...for the people in times of emergency. This is when I feel I am really doing a service.

Keep us in your prayers...especially our folks on the coast. It looks like Rita might be more devastating than Katrina, and that is unimaginable.

Kim
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

that someone could bring you a heating pad so you could put it on the back of your chair and maybe get some relief? Just a thought...

It sounds like a desperate situation, and I am so sorry you are in for a long day, also. If there were something I could do, I would, but I will pray that you will feel better and be able to handle things with a CLEAR HEAD!

Very gentle hugs...and prayers for relief!
    Sue
  6. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much. I've really needed the 'extra' today.

naturebaby, I've never heard of A535 patches. What are those?

As far as the remotes, I'm the Promotions Director and this remote is to promote the station. In other words, it's not a paid remote...no talent fee...so trying to get someone else to do it would be like pulling teeth.

It's about 100 degrees here today, although clouds from Rita are already rolling in, which surprises me. I didn't think we'd see any clouds until tomorrow because it's not supposed to hit until Saturday. But I heard that New Orleans is already getting rain, so I guess it's that big of a system and hurricane, unfortunately. I live in Texarkana, which is right in its path, inland. Scary stuff.

I've got to go but I'll be back later on to check the boards.

Thanks everybody. You make my heart feel good.

Kim
  7. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I made it through yesterday! I was going to post a thank you last night, but I died in my recliner and didn't move the whole night. I must have slept for, well, 9 hours. I was exhausted.

If I had to set-up and tear down a remote, I would call it a day in this business. But, thank the guys who work here, I don't have to. HOWEVER, it was 100 degree yesterday and with my back throbbing...well...and being in the heat for 2 hours...you can imagine. The heat and humidity were horrible and enough to knock a healthy person down.

As a matter of fact, there was a guy who worked for a distributing company at the remote. His boss had to send him home because he was sick and dehydrated. We've had this kind of heat all summer and no rain in over 3 weeks. It's been terrible.

And now we've got to deal with Rita, who is set to stall out over the town I live in for three to four days, and if this really happens, CNN already said this would be the 2nd story after the hurricane hits. The rain we might get from this is, reportedly 25 inches. And I don't know what that much rain will do to our town. I say town. There's about 125,000 people here and in surrounding areas.

Anyway, thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. I appreciate you SO much!

BIG LOVE,

Kim
  8. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I hope today is a better day for you. I'll be thinking about you and sending cool breezes and good thoughts.

Have a safe day,
    Maree
  9. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

My new post 'This Storm' pretty much sums up how today is going...lol. It is a whirlwind, to put it in comparable terms.

Thanks so much for the good thoughts and kindness. I appreciate it more than you know.

((((Big hugs))))

Kim