Having a Rough Time after the Wedding and Mammo - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

As some of you may remember (and some were kind enough to pray for me) I attended my nephew's wedding this past weekend.

Needless to say, if was difficult, but I made it through most of it. I didn't sleep at all that night. Came home and stayed in bed the entire day. Went to bed at 7:30 pm and slept until 8 the next day.

I started feeling better Monday evening. THEN, today I had to go get my wonderful mammogram. Well, I was there for 3 hours and it was an awful experience. My sister had breast cancer 2 years ago, and 2 years ago I had to have a biopsy (thankfully negative).

Today, they did the xray and then called me back in because they said they saw "calcifications" Well, I flipped out and started crying because these is the term they had initially used with my sister. They did more xrays and I had to wait yet another 45 min to an hour to find out THANKFULLY (PRAISE THE LORD) the doctor said they were okay.

By the time I got home, I was beyond exhausted and crashed for about 2 hours.

I still feel really bad. More exhausted than normal

I think the stress of these past couple days has really got to me.

What do you think?
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Poor baby, I think you need a big fat soft ((((HUG)))))!

What an exhausting schedule for these days of the wedding and the mamogram.

I guess the best news is the groom didn't default, and the mammogram was negative.

My 20 y.o. grdau got a lump really fast, swollen, sore, suddenly just there. Ulrasound "iffy"; her D.O. gave her some kind of treatment on it, wants her to have another in one week (a laser?/sound waves?). It almost disappeared with 1st treatment! After 2nd one, he wants her to have another ultrasound to check its status. The radiologists had a long, rambling conclusion, and said they wanted to do surgery to see what more they could find...grdau's dr. said no, she's so sick with ME/CFS and lymphatic system so out of whack. He's got her on the sulferization diet and large doses of Vit D. starting NOW.

Oops, rambling...it's bedtime for me...

Do rest a lot and get over the stress and excitment; it's very bad for us..

Hope you recover back to your old tired self, not this new one, LOL!

mucho huggies,
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks for your response and your sense of humor - that always helps

Let me know how your granddaughter makes out . Does she have CFS?

I like your comment - "back to old tired self" Sad, but true!
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

She has had CFS since she was 8 years old...but not diagnosed until a smart dr. tested her for EBV; the titres were sky high. That was when she 15...she missed 3 yrs of H.S., couldn't even keep up with the home tutor and accomodations at school. She literally slept for 3 years.

She got GED and started college: 6 classes later, she had only completed 2; dropped out of the others. Now is very depressed, can't work, has no income whatsoever, etc. But the great news is she has a D.O. who has been reading on the methylation treatments, had her tested, which showed severe problems.
    So when boob lump showed up, sent her for immmedite ultrasound. I'm supporting her, but she's 1600 miles from me, and has no real emotional support for the usual reasons: she can't keep up with friends her age, and no one understands her disease.

Will let you know how she fares when I know, ok?

How are YOU feeling today? Getting rested up at all?

coping and hoping,
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I am sorry she is having such a rough time

The lump could very well be a cyst - I have so many and had to have a biopsy - was negative. They are just so careful these days

Do not panic

I am feeling a little better - thanks for asking

Take care and best wishes - Hope all turns out well
  6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Yes , it sounds like you just totally exhausted your stress reserves and I think if you rest and get back to your normal , you will be able to see more clearly . You have had some major stressors in a short time.

I will keep you in my prayers. Have a wonderful , soft , warm , blissful rest , OK ?

7. Empower

Empower New Member

Awwwwh, thanks, I think you are right!

I am trying to catch up on my rest

I just can't deal with stress and this DD