having a tough time breathing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 4, 2003.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I started with a scratchy throat tonight and then it just hurt and all of asudden my chest got all tight and fellllt like someone really big like an somethign heavy is sitting on my chest makeing it hard to breathe. It hurts with small greaths as well as bigonnnnes and I am coudghing up blood from my throat like my tiny blood vessals are bursting and I hurt really bad. My old pcp used to say when I told him that it hurt to breathe then he would say " Then don't breathe" I feel like my chest is so tight and the cough is some shere between a croupy cough and that of a smoker with emphesia( ssssp) I feel like some one really big is sitting on my chest and i can't breathe what can I do.? I hate this feeling it makes me panic because I can't get enough air into my lungs yet ir you were to take my pulse ox it would be normal as would a chest x-ray I am going nuts I feel the panic comming on I can't breathe will some one get this weight off my chest so that I can breathe HELP ME please. Rosemarie
  2. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

I don't know where you live or what else has changed recently in your world but here in Memphis we had a horrible storm. I am allergic to pine trees and when they started cutting a lot of them I had a reaction to them it seems. I first thought it was just a sinus infection then fever, etc. Went to the Dr. He said by then I had bronchitis and was having an asthmatic reaction (that was why I was having trouble breathing) he said if he just treated me with antibiotics I would never get better. He gave me an inhaler to use for my lungs, twice a day. It sure makes the breathing easier. Works for me.
    Dee
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Otherwise, go to the doctor or ER. Are you sure the blood is from "tiny blood vessels" in your throat?